MSR Hubba Hubba Pole Detaching? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Default MSR Hubba Hubba Pole Detaching?

I have a four year old MSR Hubba Hubba (with black poles, not the newer gold ones). On the last two outings with it, at some point during set up or take down the cross pole has detached from the main pole. For clarity, this is the pole that is at the top of the tent perpendicular to the main hubbed pole. The ends of this pole attach to the tent through the grommets and this pole attaches to the main hubbed pole with a swivelling snap-on type attachment. It is at this snap on attachment that the cross pole has been detaching from the main pole. So far we have been able to just snap it back together, but I'm not very comfortable with this solution.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions as to what to do about it? Do I need to order new poles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 06:51 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.

MSR products are guaranteed. Contact them and I would not be suprised if they have you send in your pole set and they replace the entire thing.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Summit Master

Location: Finally stopping that crazy suffering that is ice, climbing to concentrate on great ski tours!, .
Interest: Anything that can drag me to the mountains. Backpacking is #1, followed by climbing, dayhiking and camping with family.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FamilyGuy

MSR <s>products</s> poles are guaranteed for life.
In my long experience with MSR tents, they stand behind that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: hikingbackpackingcrosscountry skiingsnowshoeing

I just had the same thing happen ( with the same poles) but the connection between crosspole and main poles permanently broke. I was still able to use in the field by placing it in position. When I got home, I looked up on the MSR site, called the repair number, talked with a very helpful person and was given a repair number. I mailed the poles to Seattle and within 2 weeks, the repaired poles were returned. A great company!! And a great tent!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page