Canada Goose jackets - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Anything Alpine related, running, computers, fly fishing, chatting.
Default Canada Goose jackets

I'm planning to buy a Canada Goose Yorkville jacket, and I'll sell my Arc'teryx Alpha SV jacket which retailed for 650 dollars which I purchased in 2001, which was purchased from an authorized dealer (I don't how much I'll get for it now). Anyone here have experience with Canada Goose jackets? Such as the quality, durability, comfort, water resistant, side effects of dry cleaning, etc. I know they're not very popular on the West Coast, but where I live, it can get insanely cold during the winters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Send a message via AIM to Borealis

I work as a Flight Paramedic in the NWT (Yellowknife). I am issued a Canada Goose jacket to use, specifically the Resolute. http://www.canada-goose.com/140pr_resolute_parka_.htm

I love my Canada Goose - they are basically the standard issue uniform jacket of the north. You can't swing a dead cat in downtown Yellowknife without hitting several people wearing one.

I am conformable in it in temps down well below -40c. Though it's pretty easy to overheat wearing one when doing anything strenuous.

Quality, durability, comfort are all top notch, mine is a couple years old with no signs of ill effects in spite of pretty heavy wear during the long northern winters. I can't attest to its waterproofness as I am only wearing it when water is well past being frozen. Dry cleaning is fine - we have ours cleaned every fall with no problems.

I strongly recommend one - again, I only have personal experience with the Resolute model, bit those who I know who have different styles are just has happy with theirs as I am with mine.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Anything Alpine related, running, computers, fly fishing, chatting.

I tried on the Yorkville jacket. Although, very warm, but sadly, the styling is too much 80's bomber styling but it does have a detachable hood because I don't think coyote fur is dry cleanable. This is a poor jacket for rock climbing, when compared to Arc'teryx or MEC. This jacket makes a skinny person look chubby. Apparently, Canada Goose has extremely poor after sale service, so I'll have to skip this jacket for another model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Hittin' the Trails

I have a canada goose parka too.i bought it last winter for journey. it is really warm .you may not feel cold outdoor in 20 munites.anyway ,the style i do not like too.it is too unformable.
www.canada-gooses.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page