Bear banger: where to buy? - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 12:57 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hiker Boy

Anon, given that you have demonstrated nothing better than the art of how to cut and paste, I take it all back...you could probably benefit from a three year program in bear bangers.

----------------------------------------
"My favorite recreational drug is Ibuprofen"
I don't understand you, I am offering factual information and you have nothing better to do with your time like "hike" then put up smart azz comments."GET A LFE HIKER BABY"(aka hiker boy)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 01:13 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Too many to list.

I've only had to use a bear banger once, and even then it probably wasn't neccessary. The bear was already taking off, but I fired one off for good measure.

I would just keep a bell attached to your pack, and have a whistle (which you should have anyways). Your better off preventing an altercation than trying to end one once it starts. Half the time I just leave mine at home. I've heard or bear bangers going off in the pack. I've also read that bears can associate the noise with a source of food because of hunters that leave animal entrails behind.

I'm absolutely positive that bearbanger guy is going to tell me I'm wrong, but I figured I would share my own opinion with the group. With the way he's praising them you would think he had an epiphany or something.
post #33 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 02:11 PM

BBG, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and (for now) will believe your story that you do not have a commercial interest in your posts. However, I have to say that it does sound like you do but i've probably made a few mistakes when I first began posting as well. Anyhow, you might get a little less heat if we knew a little bit more about you. Where do you like to hike? Where have you gone this summer? tell us something other than about bear bangers once and a while.

As for bear bangers, I have never felt the need to go and get some. I have come across few bears but have managed to defuse the situatio and never really felt like I was in major trouble. Maybe i've been lucky so far but as of yet I have had no desire to buy some (although they sound like a lot of fun for Hallowe'em )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bearbanger guy
"GET A LFE HIKER BABY"(aka hiker boy)
Wow, now that was clever. doh, I have never heard that one before....[:0]

post #35 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bearbanger guy
If you were a real hiker you wouldn't be a smart azz
Demonstrably not true!
post #36 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........

hehehe... can I play too? [:X]

BBGuy. Hikerboy is a much a hiker as you are a sales pitch.
(....and a sales pitch with astoundingly horrible grammar to boot. I certainly hope you use other mediums to promote.)

The point is plainly this; you break the rules on CT when you post for shameless (and not not even close to subtle, self promotion.) Hikerboy et al are simply calling you on it.

Sorry man, I calls em ~ as I sees em.

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
post #37 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Summit Master

I wacked at the goof on the other thread...your serve again....

post #38 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 12:29 PM

Quote:

Now thanks to your great welcome and getting your little gang banger buddies to gang up and post attacks I will not be using this wonderful Hiking Forum anymore to share my experiences from the field anymore, I hope your happy Hiker boy and I will not be telling anyone about this site because any new people will just be attacked with rude comments and provoked into a fight thanks to great members like Hiker boy and a few other rotten apples. If you think you know all Hiker boy then have fun relaying actual information with regards to other peoples experiences. To those of you that were interested in all types of things to do while hiking,camping, and important informationn about products that we research in the feild, I'm sorry that I will be unable to participate. A few goofs like Hiker boy ruin it for others that have valid interests and want knowledge. Sorry to all if I came over as a store or seller that is not what I am and I'm not a teacher either so excuse my grammer. Thank you bye!
post #39 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Summit Master

Somehow I think we'll all survive.

Hey BBG, don't let the virtual door to CT (That's Club Tread just in case you still haven't figured it out yet), hit you in the @ss on your way out.

post #40 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 01:12 PM

Quote:
quote:To those of you that were interested in all types of things to do while hiking,camping, and important informationn about products that we research in the feild, I'm sorry that I will be unable to participate.
I would not like to see you go but it does appear you are selling stuff. If that is not the case post some other stuff for people to see.I would like to know how you guys think and how I can avoid you in the woods.
If it was up to me bear bangers would be banned [V]
How would you like it if you were walking around your yard munching on a snack , when some goof shows up screaming " Human, Human " Thern they chuck a rock at you and fire off an explosive at your butt. you would get the hell outta Dodge too !
I think you guys are nuts
We never had this problem when the natives came for a visit.
To you sir and your kind I have one thing to say when it comes to bear bangers

Yes, we do poop in the woods.
post #41 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Summit Master

Good riddance!

I'm sure Truflare will be delighted with the marketing success of their littlest agent @ hotmail! Whenever I'll see the Truflare name, I'll associate it with what went on in the bearbanger discussions - name calling, intimidation, hate mail, and bullying. Just what a new company wants to do, to establish itself! NOT !

Maybe someone should tell Truflare

But not all is lost. I'll use this two-day-long story as an example of very poor marketing practices in my next class

Cheers - C Wall

post #42 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Summit Master

Quote:

This is a disgusting statement. Do we really need to see this kind of crap here on CT?
post #43 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I second that. Everyone just grow up. This crap is getting out of hand.
post #44 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 11:58 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by blackfly

Quote:

This is a disgusting statement. Do we really need to see this kind of crap here on CT?
I see that this BBG is a new member. Is this really the way new members are treated here as an iniation by senior members. I sure hope not. These statements by this guy hikerboy are mean, I'm trying to teach my daughter about these forums and am disgusted by these terrible statements. Please do not post against me hikerboy there is no need for it.

~what comes around goes around~
post #45 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Summit Master

No reason to be worry mooselips. We don't have anything against new members. You are most welcome to stay and post. We only have something against people who come here to "shill" or sell their products in a deceptive manner and send hate mail to our fellow members. The rules on CT are pretty simple, no free advertizing for merchandizers etc. without the approval of our esteemed webmaster. To get around this, shady people use a "third person or alias", a "shill" to promote their products...this was just that sort of case. Most of them will leave after being discovered. This fellow decided to stay and be obnoxious.

Feel free to post any questions you might have. We have a very knowledgeable community here on CT.

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page