Stuff Found On The Trail (Lost & Found thread) - Page 11 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 01:01 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I was up at Watersprite on Saturday and gave a lift to a couple guys on the way down. One of them left their hiking poles in my Jeep and I didn't realize it until I got home. If the poles are yours, PM me and we can find a way of getting them back to you.

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 11:16 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Hiking, camping, climbing, snowboarding, Tea

I think someone took my trekking poles from Mt Cheam today while they were laying down beside the trail. My wife, daughter and I were maybe 50m from the top, in a small alcove on the right taking shelter in the wind. I had quickly backtracked to the alcove with my 9 month old daughter to my wife to get layers from her backpack. After making sure kiddo was getting fed and bundled mom and baby up I went back up trail about 5-10m and couldn't find my trekking poles anywhere that I thought I had left them. I ran to the summit to see if someone used them to get to the top but didn't see anyone using them. Double checked beside the trail on the way down in the area they should be and no luck. Not at the bottom signboard, outhouse or parking lot logs either. They are red Black Diamond flickloc brand, with cork grips, an older version of these https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5035-2...rgo-Cork-Poles. If you find them I can describe a couple battle wounds they have as proof.

- Justin
post #153 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Scaling New Heights

Interest: Hiking, Scuba diving, Underwater Photography

Found a hammock still strung up on the HSCT a short while back. If you forgot one on it, let me know.

What is my goal in life? To enjoy the great outdoors as much as I can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Hittin' the Trails

LOST a Men's silver colored, metal band watch on Yak Peak hike September 22. Approximate location was in the upper part of the forested area just below the boulder field. Will describe in detail to finder.
post #155 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 12:50 AM
High on the Mountain Top

found a fitbit near july mt. today....

My hiking career: a selfish pursuit or a pursuit of self?
post #156 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Found: a pair of gloves in Elk Lakes Cabin
post #157 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 11:53 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Lost a black leash and tan/beige head collar/halti on the bottom half of the munro lake trail on March 25th 2017. I would be so stoked if someone found it!
post #158 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Default Lost Sunglasses Lynn Headwaters

Hello,

I lost a pair of Bailey Nelson Prescription sunglasses hiking in Lynn Headwaters regional park April 2nd, 2017.

I was hiking in the snow out to Norvan falls then took the upper route back that links to the Lynn Loop. Checked Lynn Loop but no luck finding them.

If you have found them please contact me
post #159 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I found a blue tubbs snowshoe about 20m below the ridge on the way up to Saint Benedict yesterday. I left it hanging on a tree as you start the trail from the road at the upper trailhead.
post #160 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 03:43 PM
LG
Hittin' the Trails

Found pair of prescription glasses on BP up to Eagle Bluffs, shortly before climb to boulder field.
post #161 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Headed for the Mountains

LOST or forgot: my tiny little BRS-3000t gas stove. It is really tiny, you have to look very closely, it is lying in the grass at Campsite LM 20 Lake Minnewanka, Spot Nr. 1, if you walk right along the little trail to it maybe follow this line further, there is some stony ground for a tent but the grass around is higher (the dome tent was placed in the middle maybe a bit higher to hit less stones and the stove was lying besides the corner to the feet, on the side towards the I guess cottonwood trees). The campground is closed again right now but maybe someone just walks by or it will be open again in a few days. Reason is a grizzly-like looking light brown black bear searching for food at campsites here and there. He feels invited by hanging food and is not so impressed by a few people. Oh, he is not aggressive, just curious and hungry.
Somehow he is also the reason I forgot about this little thing while packing, I was a bit in a hurry.
Depending on who finds it (guess postage makes no sense) he can keep it, it really served me well so far and I would be happy if it finds a new home. And we know, garbage etc.

Last edited by Kokanee75; 06-20-2017 at 08:03 PM.
post #162 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Mountaineering

I forgot to retrieve a can of bear spay I left at the Watersprite Lake cabin. It's behind a piece of plywood under the deck. If your up that way would be nice if you brought it down for me,or use on the way down.
post #163 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: biking, hiking
Default Found Camera on Juan de Fuca Trail

I found a Camera on Wednesday July 5th on the trail between Bear Beach and Chin Beach. Just describe the camera to me and we'll figure out how to get it back to you.
post #164 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 10:17 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee75 View Post
LOST or forgot: my tiny little BRS-3000t gas stove. It is really tiny, you have to look very closely, it is lying in the grass at Campsite LM 20 Lake Minnewanka, Spot Nr. 1.
I picked it up myself today - couldn't live with it. Was definitely not easy to see, besides a stone. Still working.
treord8 likes this.
post #165 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 11:01 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Just seeing this post now, I originally posted in The Lodge:

Hi Clubtreaders,

I hope this is the correct place to post this.

I lost my most beloved Ray Ban Sunglasses on the Skyline 1 trail this past weekend. What hurts the most is they are specific for my eye issues, so it is very important I get these back (one can hope!!).

I was headed from Strawberry Flats to Lightening Lake direction on the trail, most likely lost after the final burn section and starting the steep descent, between there and where the first flatter forested section begins.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you kindly.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page