Gear Whores for A Day! - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Default Gear Whores for A Day!

Thought that title would catch your interest gear whores (you know who you are). Nancy & I went for 4 hours on Broadway today. We both bought Backpacks among other items at MEC (I bought the one like Todd's). Then ended up taking them back 5 min later when we both found Isolo ladies packs for a real good deal and fit at Westside Sport where I also purchased a Sierra zinger jacket - beautiful. One little note, we had Hodge with us for his expertise and fitting room - "get me this" runner & "honest does this make me look fat" advisor. I'm sure he'll want to go again, hee-hee!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 08:30 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Hey TB, that was Post #100 for you!

We had a great time! It really helped to have a knowledgeable person assist us, Hodge sent the gal at MEC scurrying for cover.

TB & I went in figuring we'd get the same packs since we're the same size. Nope. Our torso lengths are just that much different that we each came out of MEC with a different pack. The Asolo Encounter Elle fit us both, though, and it was on sale to boot!

I'm feeling a bit of guilt, though, as it was the guy at Mountain Magic in South Surrey who first showed me this pack on Friday. Maybe I'll go buy a new daypack from him. He was very helpful, and there aren't many littles guys left in the biz.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 09:51 PM

I'm glad we were able to get you two set up. The girl at MEC was actually pretty good, to a point

That Asolo pack was definitely a good deal. It was adjustable to fit both of you, just as well as either of the Seratus ones you had picked out, and the price was great.

Hey, while the ladies were doing the 'fitting room thing' was the only chance I had to shop for myself, so I just called out "looks great" once in a while. And actually managed to find a thing or two that I needed.

I needed to replace my Pur Hiker pump, and Valhalla had theirs for $73, while MEC now has the Khatadin version for $82

Edited by - Hodgeman on 06/08/2003 8:51:56 PM

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page