Saskachewan Glacier, completeing the circle - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Default Saskachewan Glacier, completeing the circle

It is 4 years to the month since I have been up to the toe of Sask. glacier with someone who would go on to become very important to me. However the words were spoken last night to end all that and as I was deciding where to walk and weep today it seemed fitting to close the circle on this experience. I wanted no humans and easy trail to follow as I knew I would not be focused on this trip...so the dog came as sentry .
I had not focused 4 years ago on the trail, more on what my companion was saying so today was more than one false turn...which was kinda interesting none the less
Finally coming to the natural bridge which is in better shape than I remember but more than I could handle today, Jada was eager to continue but I suspected neither of us would survive if she pulled me off. I had been advised to not attempt with the dog and for once I heeded it.
So back along the left hand side for as far as I could walk, the old military road is quite visible yet, how many years later but I guess everyone is walking there also. The falls are lovely .
Jada cooling her feet as today was very similar to 4 years ago, hot sun and cool breeze and the back ground behind.
It was a healing day, as many of us look to the mountains and trees to buy us time for the rough edges to be wore off... there are many happy memories to be carefully tucked into a soft pocket of my heart and now life goes on...
Oh and seeing as how Barbie was introduced last Mon. it seems only fitting she has a photo also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Headed for the Mountains

A very touching TR...hope you're doing okay....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Internet hug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Summit Master

Interest: hiking,swimming,anything on the water or outside.Try almost anything once

Awwwwwww,beautiful sad tr Been there,done that....chin up lady,many many fish in this big sea,not to mention turtles and dolphins and seahorses I'm sending an internet hug too!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 07:55 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Dang it. Sometimes life sucks. Hang in there!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page