ClubTread Community

ClubTread Community (https://forums.clubtread.com/)
-   Hiking with man's best friend (Dog trails & talk) (https://forums.clubtread.com/12-hiking-man-s-best-friend-dog-trails-talk/)
-   -   11 years later.... (https://forums.clubtread.com/12-hiking-man-s-best-friend-dog-trails-talk/93384-11-years-later.html)

John and Katie 03-02-2020 09:19 PM

11 years later....

4 Attachment(s)
She's still going strong. Even getting a few back to back big days this winter, which is even surprising me. Lots of Frommes, Seymours and Alouettes (via Evans/Alouette trail), with a Harvey, and Thurston thrown in.

John and Katie 03-04-2020 05:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yikes, only 42 views. Especially bad when you consider half of them are probably from me checking how many likes we got. : )

Perhaps these will tickle your fancy....

zeljkok 03-04-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John and Katie (Post 850074)
Yikes, only 42 views. Especially bad when you consider half of them are probably from me checking how many likes we got. : )

Perhaps these will tickle your fancy....

CT is not what it used to be John. Nowdays you post because it feels good to you, not because you expect feedback.

But ok, even if you don't like my posts, I've given yours a like. Not because I like you, but I like Katie :)

martin 03-04-2020 09:49 PM

That's great that Katie is still going strong! Luna has slowed down quite a bit lately (she's 15), we've stopped taking her on the bigger hikes. But she did make it to Brew Hut and partway to Seed Peak last fall. :)

John and Katie 03-04-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeljkok (Post 850076)
CT is not what it used to be John. Nowdays you post because it feels good to you, not because you expect feedback.

But ok, even if you don't like my posts, I've given yours a like. Not because I like you, but I like Katie :)

Ya, I know CT isn't the same anymore, just having some fun on a beautiful day working outside. She has been getting a lot of "is that Katie?" this year so far. All from people that know her from this site, not Instagram (we only have 86 followers). So, it is good to keep them updated once in awhile.

John and Katie 03-04-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 850078)
That's great that Katie is still going strong! Luna has slowed down quite a bit lately (she's 15), we've stopped taking her on the bigger hikes. But she did make it to Brew Hut and partway to Seed Peak last fall. :)

Pretty amazing that a 15 year old dog of Luna's size is still hiking. Good for her and you guys. : )

John and Katie 03-08-2020 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mt. Beautiful via the lake district yesterday. Conditions didn't allow us to visit DD and still beat the 5:30 gate.
Here she is telling me off in the morning...apparently I take too long to get my boots on. :)

John and Katie 05-10-2020 02:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The contrast between her pre and post hike expressions hasn't changed a bit in the 11 years. : )

zeljkok 05-10-2020 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John and Katie (Post 851022)
The contrast between her pre and post hike expressions hasn't changed a bit in the 11 years. : )

And what you two have been up to during these Covid restrictions and closures?

John and Katie 05-10-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeljkok (Post 851024)
And what you two have been up to during these Covid restrictions and closures?

We've taken up trail running the lower elevation trails. If running the flat and downhill only counts as trail running...

ColdBrook 05-10-2020 04:14 PM

John and Katie,
She is a sweet pup. Mistress of the Big Stick!
Does she wear booties on winter hikes?

John and Katie 05-10-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdBrook (Post 851028)
John and Katie,
She is a sweet pup. Mistress of the Big Stick!
Does she wear booties on winter hikes?

She loves to beat up sticks. : )

No boots on her paws. She's never had issues with snow clumping up in between her pads, and they stay warm as long as we keep moving. They can get cold if we are in snow deep enough that I have to lead the way for too long a stretch. She can't keep warm at my slow pace. If it comes to that, we eventually turn around if need be.

KARVITK 05-12-2020 01:05 AM

Wonderful your dear companion is keeping up with you after all these years. You could not ask for anyone else more faithful.

Karl

spacemonkey 05-12-2020 01:41 AM

It’s a shame. CT really helped me out in my early hiking days. I guess I’m part of the problem too as I’m a very infrequent lurker these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeljkok (Post 850076)

zeljkok 05-12-2020 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemonkey (Post 851076)
CT really helped me out in my early hiking days. I guess Iím part of the problem too as Iím a very infrequent lurker these days.

Similar here; after I moved to Van in 08, CT gave me so much info initially & this is why I stick here.

You are not part of problem, if anything you are one of those that contribute interesting info. That Fromme report is nice (made me go look on map if Fromme trails are outside BC Parks, lol). Looking forward to next one