User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Default What kind of dog are you?

What kind of dog are you?

http://www.gone2thedogs.com/

Click on the tab on the lower right hand part of the screen

I was a Tatra Mountain Sheepdog, and then I changed a couple answers (they ask for a list of five things that are true, and more than five are true!) and was a German Shepard.

Looks like they are using CT's server to run this program
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Anything outdoors.

Shar Pei

"A very affectionate dog with a frowning expression that belies an independent and devoted frame of mind. A velvety loose folding coat makes it ideal for nuzzling on a cold day, although this very same quality made it impossible to grab hold of in its days as a fighter"

Hrrrrmmmm, not sure if thats good or bad, but I don't think Im going to do any more of these questionaires lol[B)][)]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:37 PM

Underdog.

"There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!!"

When criminals and pot smoking bikers in this world appear
And break wildlife and forest laws that they should fear
And frighten all who see or hear
The cry goes up both far and near
For Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

Speed of lightning, roar of thunder
Fighting all who chainsaw, chop, nail, or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!

When in this world the headlines read
Of those whose hearts are filled with selfish destruction and greed
Who rob and steal from animals who need
To right this wrong with blinding speed
Goes Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

Speed of lightning, roar of thunder
Fighting all bikers who rob or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Summit Master

Doggone topic.

----------------------------------------
Meet you at DYE-II?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 06:53 AM

This is fun BF! Beagle Harrier
Actually, a great way to find out what breed of dog is suited to your character.

As with most dog breeds, due consideration must be given to their original purpose when looking at a Beagle Harrier as a companion. A true hound, they are energetic, independent, self-willed and persistent. Beagle Harriers were bred to work absolutely all day long (covering 20-40 miles) out in front of hunters, to think things out for themselves, to never give up the chase no matter what happened. Beagle Harriers perform their function remarkably well; hares and foxes are known to collapse from sheer exhaustion when pursued by the tireless Beagle Harrier.

Because of their naturally independent, sometimes stubborn, nature, obedience training is highly suggested for Beagle Harriers. If you are looking for a dog to be constantly underfoot demanding attention with a tennis ball in their mouth or waiting on your next whim, then Beagle Harriers aren't for you. They love being with you, but are not dependent on you for entertainment. Because they will entertain themselves, care needs to be taken to see that Beagle Harriers are not allowed to get into unsupervised mischief!

Beagle Harriers are full of energy, but are not hyperactive! They are ideally suited to participating in your athletic activities such as jogging, bicycling, hiking, horseback riding, etc. In the home, they are generally very sensible about their activity level, and love to share a lap, wrestle with the kids on the floor, or lay on a rug and chew on toys. However, Beagle Harriers are generally not recommended as apartment pets for most people; except for those willing to put forth the extra effort to provide adequate training and lots of daily exercise.

Developed as a working pack hound, Beagle Harriers are by nature a gregarious, friendly hound that gets along well in large numbers. They should never be aggressive to either people or other dogs. They usually fit in nicely with other pets - dogs, cats, horses, etc.

Beagle Harriers have a truly outstanding temperament - friendly, outgoing and fun-loving. And they seem to innately love children; they are sturdy and patient enough to put up with endless play, grasping fingers and clumsy feet with hardly a complaint, although of course dogs and young children should never be left together unsupervised. They are very affectionate, sweet and loving hounds that tend to view every stranger as just an old friend that they haven't yet met. As such, they do not make good guard dogs. Beagle Harriers are, however, good watch dogs. They will most certainly notice anything unusual and will sound the alarm with a loud, alert voice.

A little grunt, a little grind, a little hike to clear the mind.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 04:38 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, hiking/camping, being eccentric,

Sweet!
I'm an Alaskan Malamute.
"Despite it's wolfish appearance this breed is gentle, affectionate and loyal with a long memory. Owners warn of a natural stubbornness that must be overcome by training."

photo by Clairebear

Life never ceases to amaze me.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 04:45 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Ewwww. I'm not willing to share what it said I am!!! Or maybe it's time to change some answers
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Summit Master

would you like me to tell fibs trailflower and tell them what you are[?]

c'mon - fess up, can't be worse than one of them wrinkly dogs
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 06:00 PM

It turns out I'm a Munsterlander.

"Origin:
Germany. These dogs combine the best qualities of the Setter and the Spaniel. While on record as one of the newest pointing and retrieving gundogs the large Munsterlander has been well established in its native Germany since the beginning of the 18th century. Then it was regarded as a German Long-haired Pointer. The small Munsterlander is more than the large variety.

Personality:
Loyal, affectionate and trustworthy these animals easily adapt to the role of hunter or family comapanion. They are very energetic and need plenty of excercise."

I was so impressed with this dog's profile that I researched it a bit. Sounds like a great dog! We are actually hoping to get another dog in the next year or two and this breed will likely be in the top 5 of my list.

Nice find BF - not only is the Canine Algorithmic Transfer Systemâ„¢ fun, it makes for a useful tool when wanting to find suitable companions of the canine variety.

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade."~Charles Dickens ~
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 06:16 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shadee
c'mon - fess up, can't be worse than one of them wrinkly dogs
Much much worse......It said I was a miniature poodle [xx(] I'm afraid that if I changed just one answer, it would only make me a standard poodle []
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........

At least you weren't a chiuaua
post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 07:30 AM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trailflower

Much much worse......It said I was a miniature poodle [xx(] I'm afraid that if I changed just one answer, it would only make me a standard poodle []
then the system isn't obviously has a bug in it no way would I have thought of you as a poodle, not a miniature one - but the standards, they can be nice. I see one every morning when I take my daughter to school, very nice dog.
Still, poodle, nah - go back and answer the questions again, maybe you were having an 'off' day.

Im going to buy some anti-wrinkle cream for my furrowed brow, think that'll make a mess of my fur?
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, UL Backpacking, canoeing, snowshoeing

Turns out I'm an english foxhound...I guess I can live with that.
post #14 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Banned

Looks like I'm also an Alaskan Malamute!

Pop can stove-making hiker wannabe that drives a tiddler to trailheads!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page