ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Lake Ann July 31 - August 2

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 09:40 AM
Hiker Boy
Summit Master

Hey, that shot from Artist Point showing our whole route was a great idea!

Lake Ann was and is a favorite hike for me...a little effort for such a big payoff. It's a pleasure to watch other's discover and enjoy this area for their first time. I must tell you that the loads these ladies were carrying were very intimidating to me. They are tough! How C-wall could pack so much into her small pack shall probably remain as one of life's unsolved mysteries!

I really enjoyed waiting at the top for the girls to arrive back. It gave me a chance to get cleaned up, have some refreshments, and relax in the shade. I had some great conversations with some tourists and forest rangers while waiting. I also had a good laugh because I had one person mistake me for his church minister and another older American lady suggest marriage with me as a way to become a Canadian. LOL! Now you know with me that the beverage just had to be Alaskan Amber however I did have some cold Pepsi in there as well.

I was flattered to be included in the great company of these ladies. I look forward to opportunities of joining them on other adventures...Yellow Aster Butte in September?

----------------------------------------
"Function is beauty"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome