Golden Ears Park Extended Hours - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
DW2
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: travel/ hike/camp/ backpack/canoe/ photography/ snowshoeing/x-country ski
Default Golden Ears Park Extended Hours

Just to let everyone know that winter hours at Golden Ears Park are officially over and the park will now be open from 0700-2300.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 06:17 PM

I hope so. Last week I was going to do some hiking but the bridge at the far end was closed for repairs.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
DW2
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: travel/ hike/camp/ backpack/canoe/ photography/ snowshoeing/x-country ski

In saying that, I mentioned that the park hours have been extended, but that has nothing to do with the completion of the bridge work which will be out until later this spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 08:15 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: BC Park Volunteer for the front and backcountry trails in Golden Ears Park. Also love to kayak !!!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DW2

In saying that, I mentioned that the park hours have been extended, but that has nothing to do with the completion of the bridge work which will be out until later this spring.
The Gold Creek Bridge will be open in about 1 to 2 weeks. There will be a toll of $3.00, just kidding. [)]

----------------------------------------
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 10:42 AM

Is there anyway to get across the creek like hop rocks? If the bridge is closed than it must be closed to people also eh
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 12:27 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: BC Park Volunteer for the front and backcountry trails in Golden Ears Park. Also love to kayak !!!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phil.BC

Is there anyway to get across the creek like hop rocks? If the bridge is closed than it must be closed to people also eh
There is no way to hop the rocks unless you want to swim. You can walk carefully across the Gold Creek bridge while it is under construction. Park at West Canyon Parking lot and walk down to the bridge. Some are parking on the side of the road near the bridge but not sure if they would ticket you. I was up Alouette Mtn (Incline Trail and Fire Access Road) this morning and the weather sucked big time. It did not stop raining once. I was warm but wet !!!! I could have Kayaked back down.

----------------------------------------
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 09:40 AM

We crossed the bridge (carefully) on Feb, 20th, the decking was off and it was a little scketchy, however as of good friday, while the bridge was still closed, it was easy crossing, i'm sure it will be open very soon, happy hiking, Mrs. Speedy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page