101 reason British Columbia is the best! - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Default 101 reason British Columbia is the best!

Lets here your reasons!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 01:33 PM

The absolute number one answer: It's next to the VERY best place: Alberta. British Columbians needs drive only one province east to the best backcountry experiences.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking, backpacking, sea kayaking, snowshoeing, and crazy carpeting

Coming home from a snowshoeing trip and hitting the beach the same day. The amazing diversity of our province is such that we can explore it year after year and still have new and exciting experiences!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by screeclimber2

The absolute number one answer: It's next to the VERY best place: Alberta. British Columbians needs drive only one province east to the best backcountry experiences.
Your name just reminded me.. We went on a trip to the Rockies a few years ago and while the views were spectacular, tne things we missed most from the south coast were our soft mossy trails (especially for dogs), moist dust-free air and all the beautiful green trees that shade us from the sun.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

No place is better then British Columbia!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 06:46 PM

True Muckyduck:

And your name reminds me of the all the rain on the West Coast. And I especially miss all that moss...feet of it covering the forest floor and restricting backcountry travel to trails. On Alberta's Eastern slopes it's 'see that peak?, let's go' whereas in most of B.C. its 'see that peak? what peak? Well, if the sky was as blue as in Alberta you'd see a peak...AND...you wouldn't need a forestry crew to clear a trail so you could actually get to it."

(just kidding. I love B.C. It's truly Supernatural. Fortunately Nature doesn't recognize B.C.'s border with Idaho, Washington, Montana, Alaska, the Yukon or even Alberta

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 07:21 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Raven 13

No place is better then British Columbia!
You need to travel more. I had the same opinion until I moved to the rockies. The lower mainland is nice and all but here I can be at tree line within a half hour. I have several rock climbing and alpine options within a 10 minute drive. It doesn't rain much which means more climbing days. Plenty of ice climbing here in the winter...all close. I have 4 ski resorts to choose from within 45 minutes with the best powder ever. Several more to choose from within a few hours...all world class. No crowded Cypress wet cement b.s. I do miss the ocean some times though...until I look out my window.

Take these as proof.

1 hour from home. 5 minute drive from home and 55 minute hike to get this shot:

45 minute drive:

15 minute drive:

20 minutes to here:

Both of these shots are taken from my front doorway:

This was taken within an hour and a half of leaving home:

so was this:

15 minutes:

two:

one and a half:

And then there was winter:

All taken in Alberta.

You may want to reword to say [u]one</u> of the best places in the world. Let's not forget about places like New Zealand, Patagonia, Austria and of course the Himalayas.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 07:26 PM

Quote:
quote:the beautiful green trees that shade us from the sun.
Nope...no green trees anywhere in those pics LMAO!! Poor choice on words there eh LOL.

My point is B.C. is great and I love it, but to say that no place is better shows a lack of travel. Another thing that makes me want to stay out here is the lack of clear cuts. Alot of places you go on the coast the view is marred with nasty looking logging practices.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Summit Master

Every place is what you make it, but I have to admit that BC is my favorite place to live (right now)

The reason is because I can do anything that I want to! And I couldn't do that back 'home'. Moving to BC is the best decision I ever made
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Q
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: absoltely anything outdoors, kayaking, hiking, cycling, mountain biking,

OMG kman those are incredible shots! And so close to home!! I am agape. (And maybe a little jealous) There are many places in the world which are incredible. But for me BC is it. Everything is here. Mountains. Ocean. Forest. City. (Vancouver) Friendly people. Affordable housing. (JUST!) Mild climate. And really, the rain so bad.
I mean sitting in the sun, on the beach, in Feb ?!?!?! Pretty sweet.
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Noplace compairs to BC, it is the best, we have everything from desert to tundra. Mountains to flatlands, rainforests to high aplinemeadows. Coasts to lakes. Everything...
post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Because we're not part of the USA!!!............YET!![:0]
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Raven 13

Noplace compairs to BC, it is the best, we have everything from desert to tundra. Mountains to flatlands, rainforests to high aplinemeadows. Coasts to lakes. Everything...
and how many other places have you been? ignorance often sounds like bliss.
post #14 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:16 PM

I've lived in Hong Kong (8.5 years), England (1.5 years), Taiwan (3 years), and Canada (4.5 years).

I love to fish, camp, hike, kayak, etc. There isnt' a whole lot to catch and explore in Hong Kong. Even the air here is "nice."

I moved here 4.5 years ago and haven't looked back. For some people it truly is the best, and I'm one of them.

----------------------------------------
Live to fish,
Fish to live...

Spudcote
post #15 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 09:12 AM

To all of you, who are saying BC isn't the best place you must not have seen the government commercials, "BC is the best place on earth!" []

I believe BC is one of the nicest places on earth and I don't think I would want to live anywhere else. This only comes from the fact I haven't been to many other places. Every region has it's own beauty, and to say one is the better then all others just doesn't work, but to say BC is one of the best I believe is a correct statement.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page