You might be from British Columbia if:
1. You know the provincial flower (Mildew)
2. You feel guilty throwing aluminium cans or paper in the trash.
3. Use the statement "sunny break" and know what it means.
4. You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
5. You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant.
7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" signal.
8. You consider that if it has no snow, it is not a real mountain.
9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Blendz, and Tim Horton's.
10. You know the difference between Chinook, Coho, and Sockeye salmon.
11. You know how to pronounce Squamish, Osoyoos & Nanaimo.
12. You consider swimming an indoor sport.
13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese,
Korean and Thai food.
14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark - while
only working eight-hour days.
15. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.
16. You are not fazed by "Today's forecast: showers followed by rain", and
"Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers."
17. You cannot wait for a day with "showers and sunny breaks".
18. You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
19. You know that Dawson Creek is a town, not a TV show.
20. You can point to at least two ski mountains, even if you cannot see
through the cloud cover.
21. You notice "the mountain is out" when it is a pretty day and you can
actually see it.
22. You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 5, but still wear
your hiking boots and parka.
23. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 10, but keep the socks on.
24. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
25. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
26. You recognize the background shots in your favourite movies & TV shows.
27. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you can't find the old ones
after such a long time.
28. You measure distance in hours.
29. You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in your car in the same day.
30. You use a down comforter in the summer.
31. You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them.
32. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
33. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Raining
(Spring), Road Construction (Summer) & Raining Again (Fall).
34. You actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your friends
in British Columbia or those who used to live here!
"No Trail is Long with Good Company"