Baby Munday Lost & Found - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: What can I say, I love the outdoors. Backpacking, canoeing, hiking, fishing, a little cycling and so on and so on.
Default Baby Munday Lost & Found

Was up Chilliwack Valley way last Sunday with a few other's checking out both Stewart and Baby Munday with plans on Knight as well but held of on that idea after peering through the gap between Munday north and south at the supposed crossover over descent towards Knight from our lofty perch. Could have probably dropped down to the steep snowfield carefully myself but was concerned for the other's with all the loose rock and a twenty foot drop along a narrow ledge. Oh well two outta three ain't bad for the day. Was a stunning day. Headed back the same way between Baby and Stewart into the glacier flower filled basin far below when stopping for a break refilling our water bottles at a snow melt creek I noticed my ice axe was missing. Unfortunately it had somehow dropped off my backpack about half way down the wide open gully whilst scooting down the loose scree with nobody directly behind at the time. Was to late in the day to be heading back up to retrieve it.

If anybody heading in that direction spots it lying around I would be very, very happy to hear from you

Thanks.

Every journey begins with one small step.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page