Centre for Outdoor Education - Reviews? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Centre for Outdoor Education - Reviews?

I am not sure if this is the correct section for this, so mods do not hesitate to move it. Anyway, I am looking for reviews about the kids summer camps from Centre for Outdoor Education in Nordegg. http://www.coe.ca/outdoored/index.htm Has anyone any experience or heard any reviews of them? Know of anyone who has attended?

Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 AM
High on the Mountain Top

My boys both went there several summers in a row when they were 12-15 or so I think (that was a half dozen years ago or more) for week long camps and they had a blast. They learned things I couldn't teach them like rock climbing and more backpacking skills like map / compass stuff on off trail routes that helped to build their confidence. From what I've heard they have continued to improve and add programs and have a good reputation.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Summit Master

Location: Finally stopping that crazy suffering that is ice, climbing to concentrate on great ski tours!, .
Interest: Anything that can drag me to the mountains. Backpacking is #1, followed by climbing, dayhiking and camping with family.

I know the owners very well, and my daughter has attended many climbing, kayaking and rafting camps. They use ACMG guides (unlike many providers in the area) and are VERY safe and careful. As a climber myself, I'm always hesitant about who is in charge of my daughter when I'm not there (I know the risks!) and I have no hesitation about her attending COE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: adventure racing, hiking, backpacking, climbing/bouldering, mountain biking, falling over as i learn to downhill and cross-country ski, photography

I'm good friends with one of the staff who's worked there over the past 4 years or so. Given his level of experience, what he's told me about the camps, the photos I've seen, and his enthusiasm to work there again and again I would say it's an excellent organisation.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page