A new headlamp for those interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 PM
High on the Mountain Top

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Snowboarding, Dirtbiking, Hiking and camping

Found it here also : http://www.patrollersupply.com/store...asp?search=yes (not sure of shipping price to Canada?) But apply the coupon code (NAO-ULTRA) and it drops down to $155 + shipping. Looks like a decent price.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Hittin' the Trails

They're in at MEC now.

If I ever need a headlamp for night hiking/climbing, I'll get a NAO. For now I'll stick to my Tikka XP2
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, photography,

Sounds like it would make me seasick walking along and having my light go in and out and up and down like a third eye on my forehead. Like a lighted chakra point. I want the light to go right where I want it, right away, right now. I am game to test one, though. I always keep and open mind about these things. One drawback, I don't use it often enough. Spent a hundred bucks on a rechargeable light that I rarely used and when I wanted to use it, I charged it up and the special battery died. In a pinch, my light that I have now, uses
normal batteries; not these funky weird batteries that they don't make anywhere. good luck stopping at a gas station in the middle of the night to get a battery when it fails. also, I went back to the store where I bought it only to find they don't carry my battery. they have moved on to the next generation best light ever that they were wanting to sell me. NO info at all on how to get a replacement battery. I went to a battery plus specialty store that only carries batteries and they said whut is this? Never saw any battery like this. You will need to contact the manufacturer. I still have a hundred dollar tactical light that is now out dated and due to the lack of sales, the battery is very very rare to find unless you special order it from the manufacturer. Pretty soon, the manufacturer will tell me sorry, we don't make that anymore. Like getting a brand new VHS tape rewinder unit. good luck with that. Beware of anything electrical that uses strange power sources. I know.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page