Squarmish Camping Location?? - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 02:58 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by splitboarder

Consider that Clubtread is easily searchable as well as coming up high on Google queries, so you aren't just giving this information to Snakebite, but as open easily accessed info to anyone who wants it. I'm happy to share a lot of info, but not a place that I could essentially drive to and through a raging bush party at, if only because these places tend to get over-used and abused over time. I'm not intending to be an elitist prick about it.
Excellent point. Consider also that any one of the individuals attending may decide in the future to return to the spot for similar activities and/or advise others to do the same. Should that happen, sooner or later, damage will be done, or garbage will be left, or others will be disturbed....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

EVERYONE STAY HOME AND NEVER CAMP

there, I saved the world from garbage
post #18 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, hunting, fishing, and many others.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dru

Well at least Squarmish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 11:15 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snakebite

If you guys have anything that you think might fit the description above, that'd be awesome.

Regards,

Dan
For something a little off the beaten track that you can still drive up to I'd recommend Levette Lake. A 2WD with HC should easily be able to make it.

It's not tucked away (I doubt anyone is going to give up their secluded camping spots on the internet) but it is a lot less busy than say Alice Lake or Cat Lake.

You may still get your louts on dirtbikes and quads. I was there last May and we had the place to ourselves. But we could see some broken glass and burnt beer cans on the trail. I'd recommend arranging to be there mid week if possible and definitely not on a long weekend.

post #20 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Beer before hiking.

There are a few summer places around Levette lake so it isn't that isolated. Better off camping along one of the rivers nearby on crown property.
post #21 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:

More accurately: everyone stay home and get drunk in your backyard, and have your bachelor parties in a hotel.

I always find it funny that so many people's idea of "camping" is: let's sit and get drunk...just like we do everywhere else...but if it's in the woods, then we're "enjoying the outdoors"!
post #22 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DCIPHER

Quote:

More accurately: everyone stay home and get drunk in your backyard, and have your bachelor parties in a hotel.

I always find it funny that so many people's idea of "camping" is: let's sit and get drunk...just like we do everywhere else...but if it's in the woods, then we're "enjoying the outdoors"!
That's not nice to the other people in the hotel, man. Or your neighbours for the at home part. Most of them are working stiffs or vacationers, both of whom like to sleep.

If I'm having a party as loud as possible it's nice to find an isolated spot where it won't disturb others. Like Tingle Lake.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Well it seems like i've stirred some emotions with this

I appreciate all of the above points, for those who are skeptical, i see your point, but please be assured that we will clean up the area. I studied environmental Geography for three years and have spent the last 6 working for sustainable companies, 3 of the other staggers have MSc in conservation based studies, we'll be good to the area. I'm not looking to take anyone's happy little hideaways, just trying to get some information from local people so that i dont cause any offence when we do turn up. I've asked those who are coming on thw weekend from the BC area for any help too, but i really want to source all angles so i have a complete picture, as said, i dont want to be responsible for organising something that causes offence to people.
As for wild bush party's, this isnt a bunch of kids trying to find somewhere to go get smashed and cause a nuisance. I have slept at Cat lake before and was kept up by bear bangers all night and people falling through my camp ground. As much as i do not want to disturb people, we also do not want the above to come and rain down on a weekend where i will be hanging out with my brother whom i have not seen for a long time, and catching up with several international friends who have not all been together for several years

We are not going to be getting "wasted", a few of us have spent our misguided youths in this way and now lead slightly more reserved lives.

To those who provided some ideas, thanks, and those who were not keen to, thank you also for highlighting the other side of this debate, it's good to see people out there who passionate to keep the beautiful landscapes around us beautiful
post #24 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 02:22 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snakebite

Well it seems like i've stirred some emotions with this

I appreciate all of the above points, for those who are skeptical, i see your point, but please be assured that we will clean up the area. I studied environmental Geography for three years and have spent the last 6 working for sustainable companies, 3 of the other staggers have MSc in conservation based studies, we'll be good to the area. I'm not looking to take anyone's happy little hideaways, just trying to get some information from local people so that i dont cause any offence when we do turn up. I've asked those who are coming on thw weekend from the BC area for any help too, but i really want to source all angles so i have a complete picture, as said, i dont want to be responsible for organising something that causes offence to people.
As for wild bush party's, this isnt a bunch of kids trying to find somewhere to go get smashed and cause a nuisance. I have slept at Cat lake before and was kept up by bear bangers all night and people falling through my camp ground. As much as i do not want to disturb people, we also do not want the above to come and rain down on a weekend where i will be hanging out with my brother whom i have not seen for a long time, and catching up with several international friends who have not all been together for several years

We are not going to be getting "wasted", a few of us have spent our misguided youths in this way and now lead slightly more reserved lives.

To those who provided some ideas, thanks, and those who were not keen to, thank you also for highlighting the other side of this debate, it's good to see people out there who passionate to keep the beautiful landscapes around us beautiful
Good post. Hope it all goes well.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Hope that it is an amazing time enjoying the beauty of the area. So wonderful to hear of others who want to have a great time in the wonderful outdoors and not have to have a 'crazy wasted' stag! Hope you are able to find somewhere wonderful and the wedding and marriage are blessed.
post #26 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: cycling

hey snakebite,
It's not you they only need to consider. It's other jackasses that could read it later.
(PM is the way to go on this one.)
tv
post #27 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Hittin' the Trails

you could try this link too...if you don;t know yet where you may go

unless you are looking for more of a wilderness experience

http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/searc...trictCode=RDSQ

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page