Hanging Lake - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Summit Master

Interest: TO GET OUTSIDE! Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, bushwacking, scrambling

That was from me [}]

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aqua Terra

We didn't even take the bait for that one! []

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dru

Still waiting for the Tingle Lake trail to get this kind of internet attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: hiking gardening hiking woodworking hiking cooking/baking hiking fishing hiking bushwacking rock climbing did I mention hiking?

Tell me about Tingle Lake, sounds intriguing. Is it as big a bushwack as Hanging Lake? As for Pierce Lake I have never fished it but I did have the chance to use the canoe a couple of times before it was busted up. Does anyone know who brought it up? I still marvell at the fact that someone managed to drag it up there, such a shame. Never been to Ling Lake but its on my list. As for Hanging Lake I'm a little OCD about it and want to fish it from a tube if nothing other than to say I did it. The Bush Bowl is daunting though, perhaps I'll try via Radium L.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........

Tingle is a much much bigger bushwack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, UL Backpacking, canoeing, snowshoeing

Ling lake is actually now considered a designated trail by the gov't, but Im really not sure in what kind of shape the trail is in now. Im really itching to get back up there again.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: hiking gardening hiking woodworking hiking cooking/baking hiking fishing hiking bushwacking rock climbing did I mention hiking?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exscape

I'm intrigued, tell me more, I'm a bit of a masochist and actualy thought the H.L.bushbowl was a lot of fun (I'll have to upload a picture of myself from one of my H.L. trips, broken nose and teeth, best trip I ever did). If Tingle Lake is a "much much bigger bushwack," I want to try it; this is the first time I've heard about it though. I love nothing more than TRYING to get to alpine/sub-alpine lakes that are next to imposable to get to.
post #21 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Hmmm if you like bushwacks you should look at my Cantelon Lake TR.let me know if that one interests you some nice fish in there.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rain Man

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exscape

I'm intrigued, tell me more, I'm a bit of a masochist and actualy thought the H.L.bushbowl was a lot of fun (I'll have to upload a picture of myself from one of my H.L. trips, broken nose and teeth, best trip I ever did). If Tingle Lake is a "much much bigger bushwack," I want to try it; this is the first time I've heard about it though. I love nothing more than TRYING to get to alpine/sub-alpine lakes that are next to imposable to get to.
post #22 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Clerf is not hard but nasty overgrown with lots of jumping fish.

The trail to Ling was pretty good. The old ropes are deadly. Left a bunch of GPS way points in my TR last year for the bushy avy shoots. Overall I thought it was pretty easy your certianly not going to get lost walking up a valley following a river. I was pissed about the snow though. I'll be going labor day this year from the cantelon side and droping down. Have not been up Cantelon yet this year but I'm hoping the bridge ditch is abit more bypassed.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Cantelon Lake looks like a good one. I'll have to give it a try next year though. Got to scrach Ling L. off my list first. Here is a pick of me (on the second day) back from one of my trips through the H.L. bushbowl. busted my 2 front teeth and my nose( probably caused by a 50lb pack on my back when I did a face plant on a big rock) I turned into a total 'racoon face' in next couple of days. It was the nose surgery that hurt the most. I find if you smash yourself hard enough, one just becomes numb; must be the adrenalin

post #24 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Beer before hiking.

maybe bring a goalie mask next time[B)]
post #25 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Good point, might freak others out though, may think they just ran into Jason from the Friday 13th series

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page