West coast trailhead - Port Renfrew, parking? - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 06:35 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm planning to hike the WCT July 2015.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 03:54 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, skiing, camping, SAR, Canadian Rangers (army reserve)

Nice! Evan has parking at the pier location (if taking the water taxi to Bamfield, like we did), and will pick you up at the trail office when you're done the hike and drop you back off at the pier parking.. Was worth the money just for THAT aspect!

Hopefully you will have nice weather like we did (July also)! (knocking on wood)

Who needs a signature? Mine is always: Last edited by dougz; Today at 03:27 PM

Last edited by dougz; 02-02-2015 at 03:56 PM.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 02:24 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Question 2015 WCT Parking in Port Renfrew.

All,
I want to park at Port Renfrew area, and then take the WCT bus to Bamfield. The bus's website gives this map ( http://www.trailbus.com/Terminal_Map.html ), is the location of the Port Renfrew Terminal, WCT Office (and consequently Evan's parking) and the Gorden River Terminal somewhat accurate? If so, it looks like less of a walk to park at Evan's at the WCT Office and then walk SW to the Port Renfrew Terminal. Does this sound like the best solution for my plan?

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Hittin' the Trails

WCT bus picks up in Port Renfrew at the intersection by the Port Renfrew Hotel(in front of light house pub sign), and at Gordon River in front of the WCT office. That is what I got directly from West Coast Trail Express. I'm just trying to figure out exactly where Evan's parking lot is? I think it is in Port Renfrew close to The Port Renfrew Hotel.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 05:11 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, skiing, camping, SAR, Canadian Rangers (army reserve)

I PM'ed you back, cg..

Who needs a signature? Mine is always: Last edited by dougz; Today at 03:27 PM
post #21 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 09:06 PM
Hittin' the Trails

this is what Dougz sent me as to where Evan's parking is, the Hiker huts are located beside the Port Renfrew Hotel.

it is literally 100 steps down the road from the Hiker huts and on the left. You just slip the payment through the slot in his camper door. The dock (if you're taking the water taxi to Bamfield) is just a little further down past the Port Renfrew Hotel on your right.

cgfeist
post #22 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Tak
Hittin' the Trails

All,
Just to be clear, Evan's offers parking at Port Renfrew but not in Gordon River?

We are looking to hike the WCT in a couple of days, and were planning on parking the car at/near Gordon River, camping there for a night, then taking the WC Express bus from Gordon River to Pachena Bay to start our south-bound hike. However, if there aren't any well-noted secure parking near Gordon River, we may look into Parking it in Port Renfrew.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 01:44 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
All,
Just to be clear, Evan's offers parking at Port Renfrew but not in Gordon River?

We are looking to hike the WCT in a couple of days, and were planning on parking the car at/near Gordon River, camping there for a night, then taking the WC Express bus from Gordon River to Pachena Bay to start our south-bound hike. However, if there aren't any well-noted secure parking near Gordon River, we may look into Parking it in Port Renfrew.

Evann has a 'lock' on parking and we are all referring to the same individual. He has parking by the docks in Port Renfrew and parking by the WCT Trail Office across from Gordon River next to Butch's ferry, which you will take across to Gordon River (start of the WCT on the South end).

So in a nutshell, you can either park at Evann's lot by the docks in Port Renfrew or by the WCT Office. He will shuttle you either way between the parking lots as that is included in his price. I have parked twice by the WCT office or Gordon River and had no issue. Actually, I parked about 1 KM away from that on a reserve self parking area and had no issues - even after leaving my car window open for a week (long story).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page