Bugs and Sun - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2003, 02:32 PM

The skin so soft works, but only if it is the original bath oil (which incidently gives you fabulously soft skin), its a little oily and isnt as great as DEET, but it is certainly alot better for you. If you use deet on clothes (because bugs like dark colors, especially blue) then you can keep them off that way and use skin so soft on exposed skin.

I am probably the most desirable mosquito food walking. They come from the next province for me so I have had to learn to be creative. I discovered the skin so soft effect by accident, if you have a nice bath before hiking and add some and you will notice many great effects. Im not sure how much guys like to smell like a flower, but it does work...

Spark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Scaling New Heights

Interest: canoing, hiking, backpacking, back country fishing, and a little outdoor photography

i heard that eating a vitamin B1 a day keeps the bugs off but I haven't tried that myself also i heard that hot pink clothing is good.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shadee

I have heard Avon's "skin so soft" cream works as an effective repellant,(contains none of these harmful chemicals) tho they dont advertise it as such. I have never tried it, and I found DEET does not work. I tried it last weekend and still got huge welts on my shoulders at the end of the day. Only thing kept them off was a quick wipe down in some cleam runoff from melting snow--refreshing, but not long lasting!
Years ago I used Avon's "Skin So Soft" numerous times while fishing in heavy mosquito areas, not only does it work great, it leaves my skin soft and silky. I hate using mosquito repellent unless I have to, the stuff smells terrible and tastes terrible if you get it on your food etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Dax
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, Kayaking, Mtn Biking, Skiing, Snowshoeing, Climbing, RC Flying, Computers. Collecting expensive backpacking gear.

Snopes disagrees with both of ya!

http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/skeeters.asp

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page