New Photo Upload Feature - Browsing & Multi-Photo - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Summit Master

Interest: TO GET OUTSIDE! Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, bushwacking, scrambling

[8D] Thanks Jim!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 06:55 PM

Nice upgrade Jim - Thanks. This will make it much quicker and easier to file quality hiking trip reports.

post #18 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, tai chi, meditation.

What a great addition, thanks Jim[^]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes

found a bug, noticed it on this TR

https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...TOPIC_ID=24879

it doesn't insert a space between the pictures like the old way did, so if you don't manually add a space, it causes the page to stretch out
post #20 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, photography, computers, yoga and traveling.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Farmer

found a bug, noticed it on this TR

https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...TOPIC_ID=24879

it doesn't insert a space between the pictures like the old way did, so if you don't manually add a space, it causes the page to stretch out
Good catch! All fixed.

post #21 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Summit Master

Interest: fiddling, hiking, climbing, dancing, photography, Tai Chi, running

Is it just my computer or does anyone else find this to actually be slower and more time consuming? I'm using a G4 Mac with lots of RAM, batch upload to Flickr all the time without any problems and use Firefox as my browser. I get much better response time with the old upload tool.
post #22 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, photography, computers, yoga and traveling.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Scrambler

Is it just my computer or does anyone else find this to actually be slower and more time consuming? I'm using a G4 Mac with lots of RAM, batch upload to Flickr all the time without any problems and use Firefox as my browser. I get much better response time with the old upload tool.
I've got another version that I'll be loading. It might help the performance a bit.

What I have found is that if you are just uploading 1 or 2 photos, it might not be as fast. Also, if you have a large directory of photos, and not more subdirs with fewer photos it is also a little slower as it loads the thumbnails.

The Java version for Firefox is slower than using Internet Explorer. That said, I'm a FF user so I get burned a bit as well.

I do like the way I don't have to fuss around resizing photos before I upload though and that I can look at the ones I want to upload before I do it.

One thing I could try to do is see if the thumbnails could be optional - that should reduce load time. Is that something that would interest?

Rich - I haven't used the Flikr system before, only Facebook. Can you take a couple screen captures and email to me?

post #23 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Summit Master

Interest: fiddling, hiking, climbing, dancing, photography, Tai Chi, running

Can do but it will take a few days as I'm real busy right now, Jim. fyi, The Flickr batch uploader is a separate little application that you download to your computer so it eliminates the web connection while you search for photos. The web interface comes in when you hit upload. And it doesn't resize photos as their size limit is like 10MB per photo.
post #24 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Scrambler

Can do but it will take a few days as I'm real busy right now, Jim. fyi, The Flickr batch uploader is a separate little application that you download to your computer so it eliminates the web connection while you search for photos. The web interface comes in when you hit upload. And it doesn't resize photos as their size limit is like 10MB per photo.
That's quite interesting... I forgot about that separate app. Appreciate your time sending me the screen captures whenever you get a chance. Thanks Rich.

post #25 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

New version of the photo uploader installed for both Java and ActiveX. Seems quicker now. Let me know if you experience any problems.

post #26 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Location: Ask me next week, British Columbia, sometimes., Canada.
Interest: Hiking, soccer, hockey, running, photography, dogs, camping, environmental protection.

Wow, very useful. I'm glad I came across this. Manually re-sizing was slightly annoying. Thanks!
post #27 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jd22

Wow, very useful. I'm glad I came across this. Manually re-sizing was slightly annoying. Thanks!
Yes very useful and a considerable time saver not having to resize photos.

K
post #28 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Doesn't seem to work for me. I upload the photos but then no code appears in my message so I don't know how to actually link them into my post.
post #29 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swebster

Doesn't seem to work for me. I upload the photos but then no code appears in my message so I don't know how to actually link them into my post.
What browser are you using? Is Java enabled?

post #30 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 01:26 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LongShadow

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swebster

What browser are you using? Is Java enabled?
Safari 4.0.5 on MacOS 10.6.3. Java is enabled, is has to be to load the applet and upload the photos etc. That all seems to work, just when you get back to the post to type in the rest of your message there isn't any code added to link to the images you just uploaded.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page