Eaton Lake Garbage Dump - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Default Eaton Lake Garbage Dump

Anyone else see this complete mess up at Eaton Lake?

(no inline images anymore?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141111_024.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	193  

Name:	WP_20141111_021.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	201  

Name:	WP_20141111_019.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	209  

Last edited by ShadowChaser; 11-13-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 12:54 AM
Summit Master

I cant open the thumbnails, but it looks bad, is this at the lake? or lower
maybe a CT cleanup is needed before the snow buries it? maybe start a thread to organize a clean up?
I think we would volunteer to take part.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Sorry about the lack of details, still getting used to the new interface. Try clicking the "attached thumbnails" - the site no longer supports inline images properly.

I was up at the lake yesterday (Nov 11). Light dusting of snow at the lake, very cold - probably -10 wind chill. Once the next rain hits the area will probably be buried, so the only window for cleanup this season will likely be up until this weekend.

Looks as though some people hauled a ton of stuff up there and dumped it after they're campout party. There's a full size inflatable boat, about 3-4 tarps, multiple sleeping bags, clothes, ropes, cans, bottles, plastic bins, etc. The camp/dump site is located across Eaton Creek about 50 meters downstream from the lake on the opposite side. I managed to haul out a plastic paddle, most of the rope, one of the tarps, a few bottles, and some plastic. I didn't even remotely lake a dent.

Some of the garbage has a buildup of ice on it, but I managed to knock it off of what I carried by banging it against a tree. There's probably a good 4-5 full size garbage bags full of garbage, but since we're dealing with tarps it may be possible to fold them strategically. Might be tough to do though.

A few months back I did a major cleanup of Lindeman Lake as well, dig around in the bushes to get all the hidden stuff that's been there awhile. Even got rid of all of the cigarette butts. There's still one hidden dump spot under one of the bushes and in the food cache. Figure if I cleaned it up it might help avoid others thinking it's okay - even if just a little bit.

A bit shocked about Eaton Lake though. Very frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Summit Master

Eric

Thanks for doing those clean ups, it is frustrating as its rather widespread and difficult.
It pisses me off that some will trash a place quite a ways in. Eaton is not a walk in the park.
we are not available this weekend, but if weather allows past that we would be offering help to clean up before full winter.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page