Yoho and Kootenays Visit - September - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Interest: Hiking, camping, photography, reading

I wish we had more than one night to spend here! Looks like we'll be coming back for sure. The original trip included Banff, as per my hiking partner's request. Then she heard about Lake O'Hara from someone, so now we're trying to fit it in instead. Hope we get our campsite booked. She's been put in charge of that one. I'm only cancelling Johnston once we get confirmation of Lake O'Hara, just in case.

I've put Stanley Glacier and Boom Lake on our stops through Kootenay Thanks for suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:30 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSDM View Post

I've put Stanley Glacier and Boom Lake on our stops through Kootenay Thanks for suggestions!
on a nice day, Boom lake and Stanley Glacier will not disappoint

post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:31 AM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSDM View Post
I wish we had more than one night to spend here! Looks like we'll be coming back for sure. The original trip included Banff, as per my hiking partner's request. Then she heard about Lake O'Hara from someone, so now we're trying to fit it in instead.
If your schedule is even a bit flexible, I honestly recommend get 2 nights. It is not O'Hara, it is what is above and what you physically can't see by camping single night. You are in Ontario and it is not like you can wake up 1 morning and say "let's go to O'hara"

If still 1 night, then get up on 1st bus (9:30 am); setup camp, then go to Opabin Plateau & spend day. 2nd day get up, pack up camp, and leave overnight gear at Le Relais (bus stop); then go to McArthur (1.5 hr each way), aiming to be back for 6:30 pm download. This probably optimizes the visit, although you won't see even half.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page