ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Playoffs 2017

Thread: Playoffs 2017
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 01:15 AM
SarcasticMarmot
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
I'm big Oiler fan too & super hyped we are finally in playoffs after so much pain.

McDavid, yes, but its not just him. Draisaitl might be most underrated player in NHL today. Chiarelli knows how to build teams; they are now big, strong with lots of skill. I could not believe when he traded Hall for Larson last summer (Larson, who??) but what do you know now it actually seems to be great move. I think Hall might have been bit of bad apple in dressing room & would impede Connor development.
I know, its still crazy to think that the last Oilers playoff game was game 7 of the finals back in 06.

As for Hall, I've heard the same thing but all the media guys who work with the team have adamantly rejected the idea that he was bad in the room. They've had no such qualms trashing Shultz, Souray, or O'Sullivan. This leads me to think it has more to do with actually having a decent defense core, goalie, and ridiculous 1C than room chemistry.

Funnily enough I was on the West Coast Trail from June 28 - July 3 2010 when they drafted hall. The last three days of the trip I kept asking groups we passed if the Oilers had picked Hall or Sequin.
Then, Chiarelli went and traded Hall while I was on a 4 day trip to Devon Lakes. I was so pissed about the trade when I finally heard about it 2 days later. Not so pissed now.

Not the fastest, but I get to where I am going and enjoy it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome