West Coast Trail Permit for July 2 Start - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Default West Coast Trail Permit for July 2 Start

Hi Everyone -

We just found out that one person in our party is unable to come on this trip due to an unexpected medical issue. We are booked for a July 2, 2017 start from Port Renfrew (Gordon River) and one can basically take however long you like to finish the trail (usually 6-7 days, we're taking 8 days, and I think the maximum allowed is 14 days or so). It looks like Parks Canada does not refund permits within 21 days of the start date, so if anyone is interested in this, let me know. I will be arriving in Port Renfrew by around 6pm on July 1. There is no cell reception in town, but I'll have wifi at the place I'm staying at. If you'd like this spot, you can pay us the actual fee in cash ($184 including reservation fee, permit, ferry to trailhead, ferry across Nitinat Narrows) and I can change the one name on the permit to your name. You do not need to hike with us ... we just have to all register in the morning. You will then have to also attend the orientation at 10:00am on July 2 before the ferry takes everyone to the trailhead around 11:45am. Send me an e-mail if interested: barbara (dot) b (at) shaw (dot) ca.

Barbara

Last edited by BarbaraB; 06-27-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page