Playoffs 2017 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Default Playoffs 2017

...just another 8 or 9 games away...any predictions?

Of course, I'm calling for the Habs to go all the way...

lemike likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 09:46 PM
Scaling New Heights

Nah, I don't think you make it past any of the Metropolitan division teams. That group is loaded.

I am so excited that the Oilers are going to be back in the playoffs. Last time that happened I hadn't even met my wife and we've been married for 8 years!

No idea what to expect but with McDavid on our team anything is possible!

Not the fastest, but I get to where I am going and enjoy it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 11:12 PM
Summit Master

I'm big Oiler fan too & super hyped we are finally in playoffs after so much pain.

McDavid, yes, but its not just him. Draisaitl might be most underrated player in NHL today. Chiarelli knows how to build teams; they are now big, strong with lots of skill. I could not believe when he traded Hall for Larson last summer (Larson, who??) but what do you know now it actually seems to be great move. I think Hall might have been bit of bad apple in dressing room & would impede Connor development.

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 01:15 AM
Scaling New Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
I'm big Oiler fan too & super hyped we are finally in playoffs after so much pain.

McDavid, yes, but its not just him. Draisaitl might be most underrated player in NHL today. Chiarelli knows how to build teams; they are now big, strong with lots of skill. I could not believe when he traded Hall for Larson last summer (Larson, who??) but what do you know now it actually seems to be great move. I think Hall might have been bit of bad apple in dressing room & would impede Connor development.
I know, its still crazy to think that the last Oilers playoff game was game 7 of the finals back in 06.

As for Hall, I've heard the same thing but all the media guys who work with the team have adamantly rejected the idea that he was bad in the room. They've had no such qualms trashing Shultz, Souray, or O'Sullivan. This leads me to think it has more to do with actually having a decent defense core, goalie, and ridiculous 1C than room chemistry.

Funnily enough I was on the West Coast Trail from June 28 - July 3 2010 when they drafted hall. The last three days of the trip I kept asking groups we passed if the Oilers had picked Hall or Sequin.
Then, Chiarelli went and traded Hall while I was on a 4 day trip to Devon Lakes. I was so pissed about the trade when I finally heard about it 2 days later. Not so pissed now.

Not the fastest, but I get to where I am going and enjoy it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 02:02 AM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticMarmot View Post
As for Hall, I've heard the same thing but all the media guys who work with the team have adamantly rejected the idea that he was bad in the room. They've had no such qualms trashing Shultz, Souray, or O'Sullivan. This leads me to think it has more to do with actually having a decent defense core, goalie, and ridiculous 1C than room chemistry.
I think Hall was victim of getting as #1 overall into franchise that was in chaos. GM's changing, coaches coming and going on 6 month rotation schedule (culminating with Eakins, which must be low point of Oil franchise of all times), etc. However talented he was, he needed development and steady guiding hand -- sort of like Connor is getting with McLellan. But Hall was left to do as he wanted, "savior of franchise" and didn't develop any real skill besides immense talent and speed he already had (I just saw the other night on highlights he keeps doing stupid neutral zone turnovers in Jersey too).

It is too bad because of talent; now he is in mediocre team again and before you know his career and best years will be over. That's how it works sometime, remember great D Ray Bourque think he finally won the cup when he was 35 (? could be wrong)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 02:22 AM
Headed for the Mountains

My heart's with the Oilers. My brain tells me Pittsburgh.........again
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Am I the only one to notice that the resident Albertans aren't cheering for Calgary?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 03:30 AM
Summit Master

I would like Flames to do well, but my 1st team is Edmonton. I think people are hyped about Oilers because of McDavid and return back to playoffs after so many years of "pain and suffering"
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 10:04 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Ball hockey, landscaping, tree collecting.

I'm not sure if this is a good place to look for helpful hints for the playoff pool
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 12:47 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Canucks in three years...

I'd cheer for any Canadian franchise, except for Toronto obviously.... I'll admit being pretty excited about Edmonton too. Growing up playing competitive hockey as a goalie, I was a huge Grant Fuhr fan. Just hope they don't all play eachother in the first round...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page