Devils Club & Nettles Home Remedy? - ClubTread Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Interest: Women
Devils Club & Nettles Home Remedy?

Anyone here know a good remedy for a serious case of Devils Club? Something from the kitchen perhaps ?

I had hiked thru serious devils club today in the bush. I don't think there is a sq cm not stung on my legs shorts down lol.

Hope someone can come up with a remedy of any kind from the food cupboard or fridge...

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Interest: Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, tai chi, meditation.
It is possible to get them out one at a time if your compassionate helper has good eyes and you can endure all that needling. Other then that, one has to wait for them to fester out. Owiee is right, poor soul.
Hugs,
Lynn
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AcesHigh

Anyone here know a good remedy for a serious case of Devils Club? Something from the kitchen perhaps ?

I had hiked thru serious devils club today in the bush. I don't think there is a sq cm not stung on my legs shorts down lol.

Hope someone can come up with a remedy of any kind from the food cupboard or fridge...

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Double Scotch on the rocks helps, dude... did you see any bears, while you were complaining about yer pain ???

C'Jack...
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Interest: Outdoor activities,4 wheel drive trips,cars,RC aircraft,Photography-videography,video editing,travelling,and much more
I see your seasoning yourself for some soon to come AT and Spunky trips hhehe.Pick out what you can,you may have to shave your legs first
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Interest: Women
Hey Cjack what are those other things called that stung the **** outta me? What was that "insta sting" feeling stuff? I forget the proper name...

Yea , looks like next time I may be immune to them , got so many now lol I was actually thinking of your bushwacks A/T as I was machetting thru the stocks 3/4-1 inch thick of devils club most in their prime , some 6 ft tall.... Grrr where's a flamethrower when you need one...

Wonder if there is anything. I can't wear pants stings too much LOL
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Interest: Anything outdoors.
Not something you'd likely have in your kitchen cupboard, but I wonder if an oatmeal bath might help? (You can buy it at drugstores and maybe some foodstores or small corner stores)
It worked wonders for my daughter when she had chickenpox, I know, different situation but just a thought.
What about asking the pharmacy?
Unrelated again but I have cream with oatmeal in it that works wonders for mosquito bites - which reminds me I should go find it now - first bag night in ages, and ugh... dam bugs!

I feel your pain though, I've experienced that nasty $h!t, once the skin swells there's no getting those things out.
I'd go with C'jacks suggestion too - scotch is always good.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hey Cjack what are those other things called that stung the **** outta me?
Nettles...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 08:03 PM

Interest: hiking on and off trails , maintaining certain trails. recumbent bike on log/mining roads, and KVR, and for excercise in absolute comfort.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chilliwack Jack

Quote:

Hey Cjack what are those other things called that stung the **** outta me?
Nettles...
If you got into a herd of Nettles then you should now have an idea of how itchy things can get. The cure for nettles always grows right next to it. Any juicy sap plant when rubbed across the sting will eliminate it. Now for revenge I suggest you pick all the tender leaves off the nettle and cook them up. They taste a bit like spinach and are better for you. You can also eat them raw but you have to roll them up with the downside of the leaf inside and squish the life out of it. If it stings your throat on the way down it will be a new experience for you !
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Dru
Advanced Member

Interest: climbing and spraying
A field of stinging nettles is merely hot sauce for your legs. After 5 minutes or so you will even start to like it.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 08:43 PM

Is there nothing that duct tape can't fix?;
http://www.goodnaturedearthling.com/news_autumn2004.htm
1% hydrocortisone (OTC in the US) helps for the rash too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ClubTread Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page