The Lost mine of Pitt Lake - Page 2 - ClubTread Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dru

Judging by its output, the "lost" mine is still active. But it must have been a Spam Mine and not a gold mine. [V]
You have it all wrong Dru.

Pirates, on the run from the Spanish (or was it the British?) sailed up Pitt Lake in an attempt to escape. Fearing they would be caught, they buried their treasure in an old cave. Because they were in a hurry, their gold nuggets fell out in the valley/creek along the way.

As they made their escape, ancient curse of Atlantas sunk their ship. The map, with UTM coordinates, floated down the Fraser, lost for ages.

Jackson, who was fishing at the time, came across the map. After going went slightly insane, he spent 40 years under the mines of burnaby mountain, fighting the balrog before emerging and heading to Ling Lake, where the ClubTread cathedral used to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Dru
Advanced Member

Wasn't the CT Private Cabin going to be built in Spindle Creek too []

----------------------------------------
Wine stirs the spring, happiness bursts through the earth like a plant, walls crumble, and rocky cliffs, chasms close, as song is born.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Hello,

Yeah thats it its about my greed. If I were greedy I would go into something where you can actually make some money. I am not here trying to sell you anything, I gave up on that long ago. I just wanted to know if others are planning on looking for it and want to talk about it. I didnt post here to get attacked or laughed at, the search for the lost mine has caused me and others more pain than you can imagine. When they say its cursed that is no lie. Its a dream that can kill and has killed and I am sure will contuine to do so,dont think you will be the one to find it, you dont want to get that close, it will burn you, it warned me when it knocked me from the sky but did i listen, no had to keep on looking.

It has caused many people loads of pain and I am not talking about people getting killed or hurt in the mountains. I am talking about people fighting about something that they dont have in there hands yet, I am talking about people having to live with huge secrets,that they cant tell anyone or people being hounded because they may have found something, or people searching for it there whole lives and not being able to remove the gold once they have found it and are now to old to go back and will take there secret to there grave.

or people being taken to court because they talked about a certain area, or having there apartment robbed twice in one year, but the thieves only take camera equipment and dont touch cash or jewellery, and only dig through there small office and there files. Dont waste your time in search of this dream, dont waste your time trying to share anything that you may have learned because you will just be attacked as greedy scum, tell me have any of you enjoyed any of the free info you have read on my website? I hope you have, at least then it was worth putting online.

Thanks
Jackson

post #14 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Intermediate Member

Yeah, Jackson, I enjoyed your website. It was an enjoyable read, though you could use a good editor.

If I were remotely interested in the lost gold mine I might be looking for it myself -- but I'm not. If I were remotely intereste in becoming rich, I would do what you suggest: get a well-paying job -- but I'm not.

Please spare us such language like "take there secret to there grave" (sic). Save it for your book. You're in way over your head, Jackson, and you're now gonna tell me that I'm right and I have no idea HOW way over your head your in it. Whatever.

You're right, the curse is not on the gold mine, it's on everyone consumed by looking for it.

I love the mountains for the little nuggets of beauty I find around every corner, not the yellow nuggets it is reportedly holding. If you find the gold and strike it rich, I hope it will make you happy. But you and I both know that's not gonna happen.

Have a great life.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Yes I for one have enjoyed the stuff you posted on your site. It makes for a good read and as we know everyone loves a good mystery. Human greed and the lust for gold has been one thing , down through the centuries , that has never changed. Closely following this are the story tellers and the treasure seekers.

People of that era were not stupid and were tough as nails not like the soft men and women of today. I’m sure Volcanic Brown (in his 60’s) would give a 20 year old a run for his money in the bush. I think the old Indian was a con man and a very crafty individual. Maybe the gold was in Pitt valley and maybe not. If you stumbled onto something today , say behind Squamish Chief , how would you go about stopping people from following you ? I for one would lead them far from that place.

It’s very possible that the gold is there. However odds are it and the mine were buried long , long ago. The sear logistics of getting it out even today with our modern equipment are staggering, not to mention all the hoops and red tape you will have to go through.

It would be great if one day you or someone else does find it. Just remember all those who have died and wasted a life searching for an obsession.

Maybe some things are better left to wonder and dream about. Hey people are still looking for Atlantis !
Good Luck Jackson

Vancouver Hiking

post #16 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Dru
Advanced Member

Lost gold mines are a time-honored device used to separate suckers from their money (Lost Lemon Mine, Lost Dutchmen Mine, etc.). The only thing coming out of this mine is spam.

Wine stirs the spring, happiness bursts through the earth like a plant, walls crumble, and rocky cliffs, chasms close, as song is born.
post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Dru , I already found that one. I snuck out 25 cans and I did not post a report for fear others would find my stash." I love the stuff"

Vancouver Hiking

post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Hello,

Well, I am glad some of you have enjoyed the site, I am working on the editing at this time, I run it all myself so sometimes, I miss a few details. Also, in regards to the lost mine location, if you were to find it, you are not looking for a typical mine as in there is no adit(mine entrance or tunnel)according to the story. Unless of course, Volcanic Brown had time to dig one but I dont think so. Perhaps its possible that some unknown party had time to do it you never can tell. But I would say from one of my photos there is not an adit in the canyon itself. In one of the pictures I have it looks like there may be small tailings pile north of the canyon and perhaps there is an adit up there one you cant see.Only further exploration will help us learn more.

The lost mine of Pitt lake has or as its also been called the lost creek mine is a creek bottom, with gold vein running through the bottom of it and up the back of the canyon.

I have a picture of a semi-rusty quartz vein that can be found at the bottom of one of the local gold bearing creeks. The lost mine vein would look something like this photo. But I dont want to post a link to the picture as may be accused of selling on this site and dont want to upset the powers that be.

In the lost creek bottom, the creek has a very very small exit from the canyon, hence why the gold has not washed down into the rivers, forming placer further downstream from its location. Its all been building up in the canyon over many many many years. I hope to get a sample from the back of the canyon this year is mother nature will allow it or even better a nugget, One of my main motivations in the search for this treasure has always been to just learn the dam truth of the legend. As, that old TV show called the X files used to say, I want to believe. I believed in the lost mine, but dont want it to kill me any longer. I dont want there to have to be something there so I can survive. I also dont want to try and make a living writing about it as we all know that gets you in all kinds of trouble especially on this forum. You end called things like greedy. I am not greedy, I just wanted to make a little money from something I enjoyed. Sorry, if these attempts upset anyone.

In regards to the B25 bomber, I have been thinking about giving away the location. Just try not to take everything from the site, I know someone will make a large sum off it selling artifacts from it on ebay or something like that. Now, those are the ones you can call greedy, I am just a writer/prospector trying to make a living, I am not what you would call a treasure hunter at least not anymore. My passion is story and history. Talk to you soon

Jackson
post #19 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Advanced Member

Careful Jackson, you wouldn't want any geologist canyoneers to get a hold of that information... They might decide to head up there "just 'cuz"
post #20 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the info, i'll be heading out there soon enough...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ClubTread Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page