WTB: Ice Axe, Shovel, Probe, trekking poles - ClubTread Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

WTB: Ice Axe, Shovel, Probe, trekking poles

After dragging my feet for years and always borrowing these items, I'd love to pickup some or all of these items at a wonderfully kind price.

While I appreciate the priceless life-saving value they offer, I still cringe and find myself offended at the retail prices I see for these machine-formed hunks of metal.

If anyone has any of these items sitting around unused or outdated I'd be happy to entertain a deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 08:24 AM

Interest: general mountaineering/ hiking/ backpacking/ skiing/ kayaking
I have a spare set of avalanche gear for sale. (in brackets) is year bought. $380 firm. I live in Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, so viewing might be a problem.

- Tracker Digital Beacon (04)
- Shovel, Back Country Access, D handle (06)
- Probe, G3, 3.2 M, anodized markings (06)

Peter
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:02 AM

Send a message via MSN to ChrisLink
http://www.mec.ca/Apps/outdoorGearSw...=1260374479682

for all your gear swappin needs!!
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Interest: Mountains....
Prothers deal is wack. You can get a brand new tracker for $305, so for barely more than what he is selling for, you can get new unused gear, or a brand new tracker and used shovel / probe..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 AM

Interest: hiking, climbing, photography
I'm buying a new avy shovel, and will be selling my other one (voile brand) for maybe $25?
Dan
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:47 AM

Real Cnd Superstore has a compact shovel under 20 bucks. Only down side is the shovel part is plastic. But it has a excellent design.. the handle is standard T with 2 pole extension with press in buttons. Where the great idea is the shovel has 2 angles the handle can go into it. One is for using the shovel the second is so the handle slides into the shovel. Just wish the shovel was metal as I have no idea what temperature the plastic can take before breaking. Surprizes me that none of the big names haven't come up with this great design. Well beyond the BlackDiamond style with the curved handle.

Just my .02
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Interest: Mountains....
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by camshaft

Real Cnd Superstore has a compact shovel under 20 bucks. Only down side is the shovel part is plastic. But it has a excellent design.. the handle is standard T with 2 pole extension with press in buttons. Where the great idea is the shovel has 2 angles the handle can go into it. One is for using the shovel the second is so the handle slides into the shovel. Just wish the shovel was metal as I have no idea what temperature the plastic can take before breaking. Surprizes me that none of the big names haven't come up with this great design. Well beyond the BlackDiamond style with the curved handle.

Just my .02
If some one showed up to ski with me with a $20 Canadian Superstore brand plastic scooped shovel, I would either trade shovels with them, or send them home. My life is worth more than that to me and to cheap out like that shows a real lack of respect toward partners.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Weegit, I have an ice axe I have been thinking of selling. It's a Black Diamond Raven, 65cm long. I've used it a few times, so there are scratches and whatnot. A steel headed ice axe doesn't really depreciate as much as other gear though.

I'm hoping for around $40, but make me an offer.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Starting Member

I'd like to jump in this thread too - only looking for an ice axe though
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by camshaft

Just my .02
A plastic shovel? They're crap. They break. Not to single you out but what's with offering advice when you don't know the subject matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ClubTread Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page