The Humble Tim Horton's Thermos - ClubTread Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, lake kayaking, back-country skiing, I also have a 1968 Beetle that seems to take up alot of my time as well
The Humble Tim Horton's Thermos

I was in need of a new thermos; ideally one that was around 700ml and reasonably light and well insulated. Turns out that Tim Hortons sells a 725ml thermos brand Stainless Steel Thermos for 15.95.
I did a little test on this bad boy by pre-heating the bottle then filling it with boiling water, then I stuck it in the fridge for 8.5 hrs to see how well it insulated.
The water temp at this point was still 70c, so it definitely keeps in the heat quite nicely.
For 16 bucks and a free coffee fill it's a good buy if you are in need of a thermos.

"We fear change"

Garth from 'Wayne's World'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Intermediate Member

I'll drink to that! [^]

Does it have a regular top/cap or one of those "cute" dimple ones that can dispense liquid w/o opening the entire bottle ?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Intermediate Member

Interest: ice hockey,ski mountaineering,mountain biking ,rock climbing,trail running,skateboarding
I always have time for Tim Horton's!
Good hockey player to.
What is with the time limit for hanging out there!
Can you get all you can eat Tim bits instead of the coffe fill?
I have to have a look at this thermos!
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, lake kayaking, back-country skiing, I also have a 1968 Beetle that seems to take up alot of my time as well
Regular top cap Baddoc. 25 hrs in the fridge and the water was 40 celcius.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Not having used a thermos in... ever, that seems quite impressive!

-Ryan
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 07:58 PM

Interest: Fitness, camping, wildlife viewing, fishing, traveling, cooking, listening to music, painting, reading books, watching documentaries, and meeting people to get fit with :)
Send a message via Yahoo to hikeforhealth
The Tim Horton's travel mug is also a great find. It sells for $4 and includes a free coffee. It keeps coffee warm for a long time. You can get it refilled, it is a little more than an xl, for the price of a l. You should ask for the l price because some people, who don't know, will charge you for an xl.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Advanced Member

Interest: Women
I bought a couple of them hot mugs, they are great for travelling, and they told me it was the price of an XL for refill (plus comes full).

I wonder how many extra large coffee this thermos holds, Im drinking an extra large tims now and it doesn't show how many ml's the cup holds.

Also what else is interesting is you can download all the Tim Hortons Locations to your GPS, for easy navigation
http://www.timhortons.com/en/about/gps.html
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 01:45 AM

If you have an ipod touch or an iphone, you can type "tim hortons" into the search box on your map application (google maps) and it will mark every tims in your vicinity (you can also type in gas station, pub, grocery store, pharmacy, etc). It's really cool and quite handy.

The Tim's thermos sounds like a good deal, I think I'll stop there tomorrow and pick on up.

Dan

http://www.westcoastpaddler.com

-----
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
quote:I wonder how many extra large coffee this thermos holds,
They said it was an XL and a small or so combined. It's 725ml so it's basically a 24oz thermos.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Intermediate Member

Interest: Collecting shoe boxes, trafficking sea shells, growing vegetables, and tracking the \"wood ape\" aka yetti
My only recommendation is not to go crazy with a thermos filled Tim Horton's coffee when you got a long drive with no facilities available on the way up.... What is it about those Tim Horton coffees, we'll never know. Hopefully this wasn't too lewd! But a friendly warning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ClubTread Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page