Fishing on the WCT? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Skiing,Backpacking,Searching For/Exploring old Ghost Towns & Mines, Prospecting,Fishing,4Wheeling
Default Fishing on the WCT?

Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to fish on the WCT? I read somewhere that fishing was prohibited in the Parks. If so does this include the ocean? Can you fish from the sections that go through the native lands? Has anyone here ever fished on the WCT and if so did you catch anything? I was hoping for flounder and possibly salmon if I'm lucky. Maybe even crab if the tide goes out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:35 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: SEA KAYAKING HIKING FISHING

When I hiked the WCT, I saw a person at Campers Cover cooking up a couple small black rockfish. You will be at the mercy of the ocean conditions/swell as to being able to get out on the rocks and fish. Casting from the beach might be possible for perch and flatfish. Redrock crab might be doable with a Crabhawk or fishline nest. There are so many rockfish conservation zones these days, as you likely know, that you need to check for regulations regarding this activity.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 12:13 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, Skiing, Space History

Details can be found on the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve site http://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/bc/pacificrim/activ/activ7

Subject to the relevant regulations, fishing is permitted provided you have the appropriate license. Fishing within the reserves would be regulated by those bands so you would need to follow up with them to see what permits are required or restrictions in place.

Otherwise you can get some fresh halibut steaks at the Nitnat Narrows ferry (probably the best fish I've ever had)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page