Any changes to reservation processes? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, Skiing, Space History
Default Any changes to reservation processes?

I know last year several folks got caught off guard due to changes to the reservations process with Parks Canada. (Front country camping and WCT reservations opened in Jan for the whole season). I heard that Jasper was piloting online backcountry reservations last year and that it might lead to a broader rollout this year. Has anyone heard if there are any changes coming up? Hoping to reserve Rockwall for next summer and don't want to miss the boat

Cheers

K
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Interest: Hiking, camping, photography, reading

As far as I can tell, it's their usual 5 months in advance. Or least they won't let me choose any dates past that online. I just keep checking back.. with this #Canada150 going on, it's already going to be extra difficult, I think.

They're posting the opening dates here, whether or not that means anything: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/voyage-travel/reserve.aspx
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 01:11 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Hiking, Scuba diving, Underwater Photography

I know that the online reservation system is not working properly. A few friends and I were thinking of going to Elfin Lakes mid week. The earliest we could make a booking online was May??? I am like what, not a chance, mid week there is almost always room especially when school and work is in. So I called the Parks Board and they told me there was lots of room, 22 spots available for the first night that I wanted then empty the next. The person admitted to me that there must be a problem. (The bookings were for last week). Weekends I can see being fully booked until May however not mid week. Needless the say we did not make it up there as I now have that nasty cold/flu that is going around

So I would say call them if you are not able to register online.

What is my goal in life? To enjoy the great outdoors as much as I can

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Interest: Hiking, camping, photography, reading

Looks like most everything is booking for the entire year, no limits. Get your reservations in while you can!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ClubTread Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page