Facking boat owners and Facking dogs - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Aces you should know that we are not complaining about the responsible dog owners.

I'm sure we have all met amazing well behaved dogs in the backcountry. Only a few of these great dogs exist but the high percentage are bad owners with poor trained dogs.

Unfortunately most of the people on this board have bumped into the bad dog owners. Which has obviously generated a very negative response.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AcesHigh

Not on any side here, but what I gather is...
Some of the complainers wish that hikers would leave their dogs at home, or keep them on a leash at all times when bushwhacking and going up over and under logs, and wandering in the bush.

Why not just keep the dogs in a jail/kettle at home? For god sakes don't let them free...
Don't let your dogs wander and enjoy themselves in nature.

I have to say if I went for a hike in the bush, and had a good dog, there is a likely chance I'd let the dog roam, and crap in the woods. I wouldn't be carrying dog shit around with me on a hike. All the goody goody hikers would carry that crap for miles, not me. Where the hell do you think wild animals crap? You'll find bear crap, deer crap, marmott crap, cougar crap on hikes, but because it is natural crap it's "OK".

Of course if you have a big dog it is considerate to leash it if the dog is approaching humans and likes to jump up and lick etc.

All you anti-dog/haters should lay it to rest, next week yull all find something else to complain about...

(Chuckle) It is kind of comical.

PS: There's a real good chance you wouldn't care if a search and rescue dog found you, while unleashed, and crapping in the bush.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by paulyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lKKnTdbhnbo
I really hate walking past a vehicle in a parking lot only to have the bejeebers scared out of me by one of these ankle-biting yappers that lie in wait, until you are inches from "their" vehicle before they start their acoustic assault!
If they catch me on a bad day, I'll run circles around the vehicle, while they follow me, running all over the interior of the car...knocking over the Tim Horton's coffee...shredding the grocery bags, etc.

post #33 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Headed for the Mountains

^^^^ Love it, and am most likely going to try it the next time I run across a "yapper" in a parked car....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Backcountry migration,blending far off-trail to witness Life

Here is a sad story out on the news yesterday,
According to CBC Radio , the warnings about Wolves and Cougars in this area were posted early August.
Still , some thoughtless owners went ahead and allowed two dogs to roam the area week-prior , and that grabbed the resident Cougar's attention.
This is a particularly attack-prone-time of year due to high heat and demand for water & shoreline food hunting when it comes to Cats.
{ spotting big cats/evidence is one of my hobbies }
The prior actions of allowing these two Dogs to attract cougar or wolf attention is near-criminal .
As a result , an 18 month is now recovering in BC Children's Hospital .
If the dog's owners ,and Parks Canada staff responsible for visitor safety , can be 'tracked down', I sincerely believe that they should face charges and discliplinary actions.
Reckless Endangerment of the Public and , dereliction of Duties to the public [ for not stringently enforcing Pet Laws within the Parks ]
A 18 month old and a 4 year old were at risk of death.
Some dog owners on CT are also noted of ignoring similar concerns of children's safety re: their Pet's actions on prior threads.
Now , one , possibly more , Big cats will be Killed here as a result of the attack, in an area reknowned for its wilderness values.
Tragic.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ar-attack.html
post #35 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Summit Master

Interest: TO GET OUTSIDE! Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, bushwacking, scrambling

Your statements are just getting richer by the day - now you're blaming dog owners for a cougar attack on a child? W.O.W.

Here's a Cambium rich-like response: Blame the parents - they knowingly brought their small children to a spot where it's known that cougars were roaming and have attacked prior. And guess what, anything small is prey for the cat, this includes children.

PS - to those that may think I actually mean the above, I don't. I'm just trying to show how stupid Cambium's statements are even if he's just trying to flame.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cambium

According to CBC Radio , the warnings about Wolves and Cougars in this area were posted early August.
Still , some thoughtless owners went ahead and allowed two dogs to roam the area week-prior , and that grabbed the resident Cougar's attention.
This is a particularly attack-prone-time of year due to high heat and demand for water & shoreline food hunting when it comes to Cats.
The prior actions of allowing these two Dogs to attract cougar or wolf attention is near-criminal .
If the dog's owners ,and Parks Canada staff responsible for visitor safety , can be 'tracked down', I sincerely believe that they should face charges and discliplinary actions.
Reckless Endangerment of the Public and , dereliction of Duties to the public [ for not stringently enforcing Pet Laws within the Parks ]
Some dog owners on CT are also noted of ignoring similar concerns of children's safety re: their Pet's actions on prior threads.
Now , one , possibly more , Big cats will be Killed here as a result of the attack, in an area reknowned for its wilderness values.
Tragic.

post #36 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Backcountry migration,blending far off-trail to witness Life

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Spunky

Your statements are just getting richer by the day - now you're blaming dog owners for a cougar attack on a child? W.O.W.

Here's a Cambium rich-like response: Blame the parents - they knowingly brought their small children to a spot where it's known that cougars were roaming and have attacked prior. And guess what, anything small is prey for the cat, this includes children.

PS - to those that may think I actually mean the above, I don't. I'm just trying to show how stupid Cambium's statements are even if he's just trying to flame.

Quote:

Tragic.

Your support of "dog's Rights " over Hiker safety and visitor-safety is a colossal fail.
This area is reknowned for wilderness values the world over, and these victims were doing the right thing by being [ reportedly ] in close attendance to their children .
The resident cat was in waiting for a dog sized prey.
Two dogs were noted , despite the signage , being loose in that beach area days-prior attracting the attention of the hungry wildlife.
Endangerment of the public by those owners , and dereliction of duties of safety by the Parks Canada Staff should be explored by the victim's Lawyers.
Your written endorsement on prior threads of "pooches right to roam willy-nilly " can be construed as accessory-after-the-fact and /or conselling an illegal action, should something equally tragic happen to an area you pic&post.
And your implication that the parents shouldn't bring humans into a park [ or this Park at This Time ] ? ..., maybe or maybe not , but f.u. too , as Al Pacino would yell .
Again then > Derelictions of Duty[ies].
post #37 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
quote:...Your written endorsement on prior threads of "pooches right to roam willy-nilly " can be construed as accessory-after-the-fact and /or conselling an illegal action...
sure. LOL

Yet another great thread to be forwarded to friends and family over beers and laughs

post #38 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Summit Master

Interest: TO GET OUTSIDE! Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, bushwacking, scrambling

Double WOW, lol
post #39 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 01:52 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:

Reckless Endangerment of the Public and , dereliction of Duties to the public [ for not stringently enforcing Pet Laws within the Parks...accessory-after-the-fact and /or conselling an illegal action...
]
C'mon, Cambium. Take a deep breath.

It seems as if you're trying to make it sound like specific laws are being violated. If so, it would be appropriate to cite particular sections of the Criminal Code or related provincial statutes, then list the relevant applications.

'Reckless Endangerment' sounds really fancy and technical, but it usually applies to one person who intentionally places someone else in danger. I believe 'Dereliction of Duties' is only applicable in a military or para-military court, and does not apply to other people. Any Parks officer, like the cop who pulls you over for speeding, is not obligated to enforce any of the laws in the Parks, but is supposed to use his best judgement. And you really don't seem to understand what 'accessory-after-the-fact' or 'conselling an illegal action(sic)' mean.

If you're not a lawyer it's kind of pointless to try to sound like one - it just comes across as pontificating.
post #40 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

I've had 3 scary experiences in the last few years with dogs, or shall I say dog owners.

1.I had a bad experience once at Bridal Falls. Walking in to the parking lot from the bottom entrance with a girlfriend and her tiny min pin, we got close to the main upper parking lot. Upon arrival we seen on the other end of the parking lot a full size bullmastiff noticing us and then running directly towards us full throttle. The dog looked vicious and no owner in sight, I thought we were going to be attacked by a stray dog. We quickly huddled holding the minpin and we both yelled at the approaching dog as it got near then veered off 1 meter from us. Then in the distance an owner heard us and whistled for his dog. My stomach was turned inside out for two minutes, and then I began yelling at the dog owner for not taking control of his dog. We were both tramatized for the remainder of our visit at the park. I was pissed off at the dog owner not the dog. We had a damn leash on the minpin and it is a foot long.

2. Driving my bicycle out in the flat lands of Agassiz and in the foggy moonlight having a massive farm dog aggressively chase me, it got so close to me because it came up so fast unexpectedly, I neerly fell off my bike trying to suddenly take off. Managed to get away, damn thing was nearly chomping my legs.

3. Walking the rotary trail in Hope, a walk along Coquihalla River in the forest, suddenly a full size Doberman comes running towards me on the trail in the distance after he sees me. My first reaction to yell, and the dog ran by me a meter or so from me, and this dog owner heard me yell and called his dog, named "Snoop". As the owner showed up I bluntly told the owner that his dog scared the hell out of me. My heart had skipped a beat and again it put me into a slight shock for a few minutes. This dog couldn't be judged seeing it approaching so swiftly towards me as if to attack.
===============

In all 3 of my bad situations with dogs, they thankfully were all harmless, but they did make me mad at the owners for making me feel threatened. Had I pulled out a BFK for personal protection maybe they would have attacked me, something to think about. I began packing a BFK when biking at night in the farm land after dog instance 2, that was the scariest encounter of the 3.

post #41 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Gin
Scaling New Heights

Chris, you wanna hug and cuddles?[:X]
post #42 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gin

Chris, you wanna hug and cuddles?[:X]
Aweeee Gin you are such a good boy, you wouldn't bite me.... Right?

post #43 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Gin
Scaling New Heights

good b oy? waht the fack yoyu talking bout..[)]
post #44 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Summit Master

Gin please go back to drinking your Gin. Poobear was nicer than you

post #45 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Gin
Scaling New Heights

I like beer and southern comfort in any oerder. I have to go crap....a nd pee