ClubTread Announcement - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Interest: Hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, photography, computers, yoga and traveling.
Default ClubTread Announcement

Hi all -

Since the time I created ClubTread.com back in 2001, it has grown by leaps and bounds – and so has the amount maintenance and cost that is required to keep things running smoothly. As many of you are aware, over the past year or two I have not been able to devote as much time and attention as I used to towards system maintenance, updates, moderation, etc.

I am very interested in seeing the ClubTread community continue to flourish. For this to happen there needs to be ongoing investment into keeping the technology be up-to-date. Given my current time constraints, I feel that it is better to turn the site over to a new owner that is experienced in supporting online groups and providing the infrastructure to do so.

Although Vertical Scope is taking over the operational aspects of the website and you may see some changes appear as a result, the forum itself should not be greatly affected. I will still be involved and contribute to ClubTread as much as time permits, and Darren, the existing moderator will still maintain the role in the forum. At some point in the near future, additional staff will be brought on board to provide extra assistance to the community. In addition, you should start seeing some of the updates you have asked for being made, including a future roll out of improved forum software.

I've been talking with these guys for a little while now and they are a great group. I'm confident that ClubTread will continue to live on for years to come and become even better!

Jim Hamlin (Longshadow)
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the update and your commitment Jim. I have no doubt that the time, effort and heart that goes into ClubTread is significant and this move is going to be a positive one.

Cheers!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Interest: Hiking, watercolour painting, chasing wildlife, backcountry cooking

Thanks for letting us know!
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 01:31 PM

Cool!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 01:54 PM

Thank you so much for founding this fantastic web site! It has made a big difference in my own life and I am sure countless others.

Scott
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.

Hello all,

My name is Phil, I am taking over the webmaster duties on ClubTread.com for Jim. I just wanted to take a moment to make a quick introduction and also let you all know that the site you know and love is what we want to work to keep growing. There are some minor changes planned but this is mostly things I want to do to make sure to make the work your mods and admins do here feel less like work.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer them as quickly as possible. In a short time you will be introduced to a few other people on here that I work with. This is our support team and they are here for exactly that, to support you.

-Philip
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 02:22 PM

Interest: Solo hiking & backpacking, photography, Sports Nutrition, Nature observation, Rockhunting

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VSadmin

Hello all,

My name is Phil, I am taking over the webmaster duties on ClubTread.com for Jim. I just wanted to take a moment to make a quick introduction and also let you all know that the site you know and love is what we want to work to keep growing. There are some minor changes planned but this is mostly things I want to do to make sure to make the work your mods and admins do here feel less like work.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer them as quickly as possible. In a short time you will be introduced to a few other people on here that I work with. This is our support team and they are here for exactly that, to support you.

-Philip
Looking forward to the changes. You might want to check the site feedback/suggestions for existing problems.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.

thanks for the heads up, I will look now!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 02:36 PM

Interest: and Interests: Hiking, cycling, down-hill skiing, generally just being in the great outdoors, also enjoy X-country skiing, canoeing or kayaking, gardening, dancing & travelling

Thank you so much Jim (and those behind the scenes over the years) for starting this website and community, and keeping it growing strong with each passing year. It has opened up so many growth opportunities for me, and others I'm sure, and has been responsible for forging many new friendships and relationships. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 02:38 PM

Interest: and Interests: Hiking, cycling, down-hill skiing, generally just being in the great outdoors, also enjoy X-country skiing, canoeing or kayaking, gardening, dancing & travelling

And THANK YOU for those who will continue to keep this forum alive and well moving forward.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ClubTread Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page