ClubTread Announcement - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Summit Master

Many thanks for the past, Jim, and looking forward to the future, Philip.

-Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Off the Beaten Path

What a great resource ClubTread has been for me, and thank you so much Jim for creating it and spending so many hours maintaining it. It will be nice to see some improvements, particularly to photo uploads, in the future. That will encourage more of us to start contributing TRs again.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 11:24 PM
Summit Master

CT has its issues, but it remains as a solid usable message board and can be upgraded easily.
Thanks Jim H for getting it this far, and thanks Philip for taking it on to the next level.
[^]

post #24 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Thank you, Jim, all the moderators and admins, for the amazing amount of time and effort you have put into making this such an amazing communiity of like-minded people. It has made such a difference to so many of us. I understand that continuing CT as it is would be an extremely costly and time consuming venture, and am grateful that everyone has kept it going for as long as it has....it's been a great run.

As for the future, we will have to see how a company that owns 400+ websites of many varying genres is able to carry on this legacy.: a quick google search shows that Phil from Toronto has quite a few diverse sites to look after as webmaster.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 06:28 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Thanks so much for all your amazing work, Jim & team, and thanks for understanding how important Clubtread has become to those using it. And welcome to the new team members, and thanks again Jim!
post #26 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 08:13 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Spending time with my man and family, relaxing with good friends and good food, hiking, paddling,

Thanks Jim, all the other mods, for all your hard work on CT over the years. CT has been a big part of my life and I am all the better for it. Good luck in all your future endeavors!

Welcome Phil. It will be interesting to see how CT evolves over the coming years. Hopefully your taking over and changes can keep this a robust online community while staying with the original idea of what CT is. (Edit: I just went and looked at one of your other forums - skiing - I now I am worried about what is to come for CT! Looks like no one is looking at what is posted at all.)

Cheers!
post #27 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: That of the 2-stroke variety

As much as I like VBulletin, I run a site using the newest 5.xx version and it's not nearly as good as the older version. Sure it's stable, but in my opinion I would not upgrade to it until it's developed a bit further. It leaves alot to be desired from a design standpoint, and is probably just now getting past what should have been a beta test phase. They are working on it, and plan to continue to work on it, so it should be a good option soon enough.

PM me if you have any other questions about it, I'd be happy to go into greater detail.

Jon
post #28 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Scaling New Heights

Instead of vBulletin I'd like to suggest Discourse. It's still in beta but it's undoubtedly the future of forum software, and has some very talented people working on it, including some of those behind the Stack Exchange network of sites.
post #29 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Scaling New Heights

Just updated my paypal account.
I will start to contribute on a regular basis.
Can't believe i havent before.
This website has been a wealth of knowledge!

Thank you club tread!
post #30 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Headed for the Mountains

This site has helped me in many ways. It's allowed me to research those mountains that I just have to go see to having my questions answered by immensely experienced people. Sincerely thank you Mr. Hamlin for starting this website.

I look forward to the changes and improvements that Philip will create.

Pardeep

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page