ClubTread Announcement - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 02:51 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Jim

This web creation of yours has become such a vital source of up-to-date trail condition and access info. I've benefited from that aspect of it, so many times. It's also a rich repository of inspiring adventure reports and amazing outdoor photography.

Many thanks for bringing this together over the years.

Here's best wishes to the new overseers with anticipation of good things to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by solo75
Looking forward to the changes. You might want to check the site feedback/suggestions for existing problems.
Me too. I'd also like to suggest improvement of report section which is by far the most popular part of the site. For instance we have a member that continuously rotates same 3 or 4 trips couple of times per week, and posts report each time. While most people -including myself- enjoy and appreciate constant condition update, this has bad side effect of saturating the board rapidly and thus causing other, unique reports to sink down very quickly and potentially not be seen.

On Alberta side there is fantastic "Alberta Conditions Update" thread for such purposes. It is very well received and members that hike known trails that are beaten to death and don't really require full blown TR use this to post quick update together with few photos. My suggestion would be to implement something similar in BC Report section. In other words constant Panorama Ridge/Black Tusk flow is great, but redirect to "BC Conditions Update" Thread.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 03:08 PM
High on the Mountain Top

This site is an incredible service to the community. Thank you Jim!
Thank you also for setting things up so that it can be run sustainably in the long run.

post #14 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by zeljkok

Quote:
Looking forward to the changes. You might want to check the site feedback/suggestions for existing problems.
Me too. I'd also like to suggest improvement of report section which is by far the most popular part of the site. For instance we have a member that continuously rotates same 3 or 4 trips couple of times per week, and posts report each time. While most people -including myself- enjoy and appreciate constant condition update, this has bad side effect of saturating the board rapidly and thus causing other, unique reports to sink down very quickly and potentially not be seen.

On Alberta side there is fantastic "Alberta Conditions Update" thread for such purposes. It is very well received and members that hike known trails that are beaten to death and don't really require full blown TR use this to post quick update together with few photos. My suggestion would be to implement something similar in BC Report section. In other words constant Panorama Ridge/Black Tusk flow is great, but redirect to "BC Conditions Update" Thread.
I will have a look and see what can be done. I am hoping down the road we can move the site to a more robust software platform like vBulletin and ad a more feature rich experience for everyone. Site conversions are not an over night thing so no need to fear any big changes to anything on here happening other than me working to fulfill requests you all bring to our attention.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Summit Master

Interest: hiking,swimming,anything on the water or outside.Try almost anything once

Yes,a big big thank you for all the hard work,this site has helped to enrich my life for sure
post #16 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Hey Jim thank you very much for creating CT, it is valuable resource. I also thank you for recognizing outside help is required to keep it running smoothly. I imagine it is hard to give control of something you created out of nothing to someone else.
post #17 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Summit Master

It's been a good ride Jim !!!
Welcome Philip.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by zeljkok

Quote:

You do know that the AB update thread was started by a regular member on here (as in not a mod). Why not contact the member you mentioned if you think it is an issue and start a Garibaldi conditions thread yourself?
post #19 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Hiker

It's been a good ride Jim !!!
Welcome Philip.
Thanks for the welcome!
post #20 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, UL Backpacking, canoeing, snowshoeing

Good to know CT still has a robust future. I thank you as well Jim and the other Mods who have invested so much time and effort into this site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ClubTread Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page