Spambots Registering In CT System & Sending Msgs - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:48 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Not interested. I'll be getting my money from that poor Nigerian astronaut any day now and won't have to worry.

Apparently he is now on earth but detained for quarantine in case of alien parasites, but will be released as soon as my good friend Emoko Alabda with gets the funds to pay a small bribe or two. Another 5 grand should do it, and then I'll get my 30% of the $15 million! Talked them up too, at first he only offered 15%!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ronbo

I applied and Mayor
Rob Ford is sending me the money.
he might be able to hook you up with some other goods too.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Summit Master

Not me. Does anyone else get those calls from someone claiming to be calling from Microsoft wanting to fix your computer? Any amusing responses to them?

post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Summit Master

no, but get the calls stating I won a cruise, its automated so cant have any fun with it.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sgRant

Not me. Does anyone else get those calls from someone claiming to be calling from Microsoft wanting to fix your computer? Any amusing responses to them?
Had a few calls like that early this year.

K
post #16 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 11:07 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking on and off trails , maintaining certain trails. recumbent bike on log/mining roads, and KVR, and for excercise in absolute comfort.

Those nice people in India are always wanting to help clean up my computer too.
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...1/malwarebytes
Have not received spam on CT so far.
post #17 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Summit Master

For the automated calls, you can just leave the phone off the hook so their system is tied up longer with your call.

I've gone along with the Windows scammers for a while. I then suggest we end our call and that the scammer should call the police and tell them what they're doing. Not very imaginative. A friend went along with it to the point where the security is breached, just to see what they were doing. I don't suggest that unless you have a very good idea of how the computer works.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Summit Master

Tina is mine you guys ... all mine.
post #19 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 08:39 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking on and off trails , maintaining certain trails. recumbent bike on log/mining roads, and KVR, and for excercise in absolute comfort.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sgRant

For the automated calls, you can just leave the phone off the hook so their system is tied up longer with your call.

I've gone along with the Windows scammers for a while. I then suggest we end our call and that the scammer should call the police and tell them what they're doing. Not very imaginative. A friend went along with it to the point where the security is breached, just to see what they were doing. I don't suggest that unless you have a very good idea of how the computer works.
The US/ Canada can not prosecute these scammers except in civil court and they may close them down but it is such a lucrative business with hundreds of thousands of people who get swindled and do not realize it till their bank funds are missing.
Spambots on this website compared to being ripped off legally is nothing. Visa will tell you that if you received a service you have to pay. Even if that service destroyed your computer !
post #20 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Summit Master

I just got another of these calls from the bogus Windows support people. He said my computer had sent them its id number. I repeatedly asked him to give me that number so I could check to see if it was correct. He kept falling back on his script to get me to allow him to connect to my computer. So I accused him of trying to scam me. Eventually HE told ME to f**k off. Made my day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page